Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hrungh?! Me no ancient, me feudal!

Fast question:

I was under the impression (okay, not impression, it's happened many times) that you needed the following research trees completed to this point to advance to the Feudal/Medieval era:

Construction
    Currency
    Philosophy
    Code of Laws
    Horseback Riding
    Polytheism

Leaving OUT:
    Literature
    Map Making
    The Republic
    Monarchy

Now, the question I have is this.... some games it doesn't advance to the feudal at this point- why?

I played one game where I had everything but Lit/Map/Republic, still no advance... and even one game where I had everything but Lit/Republic, and had to research Lit to advance!

What gives? What is the requirement to advance from era to era. I've played loits of games where I didn't need mapmaking, but sometimes I do?
    Friedrich Psitalon
    Admin, Civ4Players Ladder
    Consultant, Firaxis Games

mapmaking is required all the time.

look at the techtree in the science advisor, you dont need the ones with little crossed circles on the top right
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

FP, do you not accept PMs?

I have something to send you.
      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Perhaps this is related to the roots of a certain civ being a' scientific ' civ or not .I have seen this occur many times but never wanted to dive in for an explaination...until now!
        "It's really just a question of your honesty...But glittering prizes and endless compomises shatter the illusion of integrity." - Peart

Comment

That's just it- Map Making is *NOT* repeat *NOT* required all the time- I've gone to the feudal era in multiplayer games several times, sans mapmaking. That's why I'm confused.

I normally don't accept PMs, but I throw the switch to "on," just-a-for-you.
          Friedrich Psitalon
          Admin, Civ4Players Ladder
          Consultant, Firaxis Games

Comment

I know this is OT but I must know

Theseus:

Who is quoted in your signature?
            * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
            * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
            * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
            * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

Gengis Khan(Temujin of the mongols in PTW)
              Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

For some reason I thought it was Conan of Cimmeria.
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

That's just it- Map Making is *NOT* repeat *NOT* required all the time- I've gone to the feudal era in multiplayer games several times, sans mapmaking. That's why I'm confused.
                  Does it make a difference on which civ's you are playing when this changes??
                  "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Were you playing a modded game? I ask because barring a strange bug, it is always a required tech for advancement.
                    Seemingly Benign
                    Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Working...
                    X