No announcement yet.

Synthetic Fibers Bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it dosen't work after the reinstall, check your virtual memory -- Civ III apparently uses it in massive quantities.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

dioync's story doesn't jive with me.

He says that the only thing that is different, that *may* have caused the problem is a no-cd crack he obtained from who knows where (probably the same place he got the files to run the bugged version of the game he's got).

Fact is is that he is running a modded version of the game and doesn't state so in his posts because he doesn't *know* that they ARE modded.

He wouldn't know that the game was modded if he downloaded the game from somewhere (person who made the pirated version available could've easily seen to it that the game plays as he saw fit); but he WOULD know if he modded the game himself, no?

Also, most of us here would've just put any save game files into a temp folder and just re-intalled everything and then tried again to see what happened. Since he has not tried that (takes 10 minutes tops!); I'm concluding that he doesn't have a legit version of the game.

Maybe someone else who has the same version of the game as you might be able to point you in the direction of a fix, but not any of us who actually OWN the game.

Anyway, that's my theory on the matter. Sorry if I went to far, but there has been so many posts for bugs in the game, missing files, ect.... that can all be traced to pirated versions of the game. This is unfair to the companies that make it and to me because if they lack money to support the current release of the game at a high level or even enough to not consider making another Civ title, then we can blame those that stole their copies from Firaxis.

dioync, if you really own the game, I apologize; otherwise you are a thief that is hurting the game of Civilization.
      Last edited by Guest; February 14, 2003, 04:21.

Comment

Re-installed everything now (I hate installing software ). The bug seems to be gone now. I'd really like to know what caused it... but I guess I'll never find out. Must have been the no-CD crack, although I can't imagine how that could have caused it. Whatever, I'm glad it works now.

Comment

Re-installed everything now (I hate installing software ). The bug seems to be gone now. I'd really like to know what caused it... but I guess I'll never find out. Must have been the no-CD crack, although I can't imagine how that could have caused it. Whatever, I'm glad it works now.
          Translated into english this means

"Oops ive been rumbled best pretend its all sorted"

(wink wink say no more)

Comment

Working...
          X