Nostalgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nostalgia

Something come to my mind when playing a MP game of Civ3...

You remember in Civ I, when a great wonder was build by another country in the earliest part of the game, something like that was said " Travellers report that China build Great Wall" with a "nice" illustration of deck and boat... it was cool cause now you just see "The China build Great Wall"...

I know this is a pointless post, but some old feature was pretty cool...

Nice day everyone|!
    bleh

No not pointless, I agree with ya and I find moments like this in lots of games. Maybe I am getting older but it seems hard to find a game with the same spark as I experienced in the past. The good old lose your self kind of games. Civ 3 is one of the closest.
    I guess you could call this a pointless reply J

NHNLODAT
    All good things must come to an end.
    I get up I breathe and I do it all over again.

Comment

Ahh, good old days...

I know it is not what cronos was referring to, but I liked this too...
      Attached Files
      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Try Unreal 2. Great plot, nice in-game cutscenes, lame jokes, funny characters. I don't like shooters but this game really has THE spark.

Comment

Wow what a great pictures, german wise man rulez!!!!!
          If someone can have a picture about what i said before I'll be very happy...

Thanks for the pictures Alexnm.
          bleh

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

the graphics look somewhat primative alongside a newer game, like... say... Unreal 2K3.

Admittedly not the same genre, but still...

/me shakes his head

Comment

thanks statusperfect,

That's remember me so many things... wow!!!
                Man, with graphics like that, you got to have a big imagination to imaginate this square a city, this weird white and blue things like a settler... this graphics are pretty ugly, i dont remember played a games with so bad graphics...
                hahahah, Old Times... Good Times!
                Have a nice day!
                bleh

Comment

The glories of DOS based gaming.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

notyoueither:
                    oohhh yeahhhhh...

640 Kb of conventional memory always win... how many time you had to change your config.sys and autoexec.bat just to free up some conventional memory... i remember some game needed 590 kb of conventional memory... you had to run memaker, create EMS memory and load all in upper memory if i'm not wrong...
                    wow, that's was so great. Config your soundblaster... or your adlib for midi... in this time power was giving to the users. A multi config.sys and autoexec.bat for each game you played.
                    Computer was not friendly user.... wow, i am in loved with that elitism DOS System.
                    bleh

Comment

I remember going from Ultima IV to Ultima V...

"WOW! you can go diagonal now!"
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by cronos_qc
                        notyoueither:
                        oohhh yeahhhhh...

640 Kb of conventional memory always win... how many time you had to change your config.sys and autoexec.bat just to free up some conventional memory... i remember some game needed 590 kb of conventional memory... you had to run memaker, create EMS memory and load all in upper memory if i'm not wrong...
                        wow, that's was so great. Config your soundblaster... or your adlib for midi... in this time power was giving to the users. A multi config.sys and autoexec.bat for each game you played.
                        Computer was not friendly user.... wow, i am in loved with that elitism DOS System.
                        such horror stories I remember with fondness!

I still like to play an ocassional DOS game once in a while, mainly Ultima VII which could never be run from Windows. Too bad Mr. Gates got rid of DOS for WinXP. At least I installed winME/winXP at the same time.

Thing about Civ1 that most cracked me up:

A powerful Despot Russia during negotiations. Stalin with with 4-man goon squad in the background (those guys looked like drug dealers) telling me those immortal words:

I HAVE DECIDED TO RID THE WORLD OF YOUR PATHETIC CIVILIZATION! PREPARE FOR WAR!
                        A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

hosh, I remember when I thought that was the epitome in game design and graphics...
                          The true way of sword fencing is the craft of defeating the enemy in a fight, and nothing other than this.
                          -Miyamoto Shinmen Musashi

Comment

The famous "journal"...
                            Attached Files
                            I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Nice the newspaper, I was not remember this!!!
                              Thanks Alex
                              bleh

Comment

Working...
                              X