Is there a standard AI research path?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a standard AI research path?

Can't recall if this has been covered before or not.

But, it there a standardized order of techs the AI will research,
    or is it all random?

== PF

My understanding is that the AIs will pick a tech to research based on what that tech will provide. So each is weighted according to what units/resources/buildings/wonders/diplo options/etc. they will provide versus cost to research.

That said, the AIs do seem to wander down the same path from game to game.
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

nothing hard coded, note the AU mod.

they moved the pyramids to mathematics, and the AI gets that a lot earlier now

the AI seems to have a sense of what it wants/needs, but there are definately standardized patterns for similiar games.
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

It seems likely that a civ's traits will influence its research path.

Comment

Hopefully pointing to That Other Place every once in a blue moon won't bring great wrath upon me, but the formula can be found at:

11th post in the thread.

-Oz
          ... And on the pedestal these words appear: "My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" Nothing beside remains. Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare, the lone and level sands stretch far away ...

Comment

Well, Oz, I wouldn't mind so much, except that the CFC FAQ on science refers to alexman's posts here on 'poly!

The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
              Well, Oz, I wouldn't mind so much, except that the CFC FAQ on science refers to alexman's posts here on 'poly!

... Ya know, I'm beginning to consider designing a Smiley slapping its own forehead ...

... hmmm ... let's pretend it's a dunce cap ...

Yours Mumbling Vows About Too Much Caffeine And 3AM Posts,

Oz
              ... And on the pedestal these words appear: "My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" Nothing beside remains. Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare, the lone and level sands stretch far away ...

Comment

Originally posted by Ozymandias

... Ya know, I'm beginning to consider designing a Smiley slapping its own forehead ...

You know, a "Doh!" smiley might be just the thing!
                "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                X