Is it safe yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it safe yet?

I have been playing Civ 3 for a while now and for months I waited for the release of Play the World.

When PtW was finally available I waited to buy it to see what the reaction was and I am glad I did. Everything I have heard and read has said that the expansion is full of bugs and not worth the price. All the review I have read have been negative and I am unwilling to purchase PtW until the bugs are worked out.

So my question is this....Is it safe to buy PtW yet? Have the bugs and issues been worked out? Does the multiplayer actually work properly now?

I have been waiting to play Civ 3 online for months so I am anxious to see if the bugs have finally been worked out.

Other than the initial patch, there is no much change. PTW is good for single player but not yet for multiplayer. Biggest bug in single player is the long delay before seeing the results of military advisor screen.

Nicest things about single player:

-- real stack move
    -- stack move by type
    -- trades active info available without clicking on each civ leader
    -- civil defense
    -- radar towers
    -- internet

Note new civs tend to be more aggressive.

== PF

Comment

It's better then when it was released, but not yet perfect.

The next patch is due to arrive soon, so fingers crossed.

People who play by direct IP, have posted about having great fun and very good games in general...
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

is direct IP connect somehow better than jioning via the multiplayer browser. I can't see why it would be ... but how you phrased it makes it seem that way.

I would say that it's safe to buy now. It's slower than I'd like, particularily later on in the game. But with a 6-pack beside me, I can cope. I can't imagine playing on anything less than a broadband connect or with pings over 200 though.

It's worth the purchase, besides Amazon has lowered hte price by 5$ to 25$ ... and it's definately worth 25$ to get to play one of my fav games with some buds.

Comment

Don't believe all the whiners and complainers. Those who enjoy it and aren't having major problems with it aren't posting. We're playing it.
          Seemingly Benign
          Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Working...
          X