Editor stability issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editor stability issues

Am I the only one that finds the Civ3PTW editor QUITE unstable?
    I have a P3, 600 Mhz, 128MB RAM and I can't seem to run the editor for more than 15-30 minutes without getting the blue screen of death. This always means a hard reboot.
    On top of that, I have to set my screen resolution to 1024x768 to access all the menu screens. I usually run on 800x600, easier on the eyes. Can't Firaxis set the editor to size according to resolution?

What operating system are you using?

Personnally I've had no trouble with the editor having regularly used it for over a year...

One reason I'm sure is that I have 512Mb of RAM and a decent RAM manager.

If you are plugging 128 MB of RAM and using windows ME or 98 ensure you run as few as possible other programs at the same time. Certainly don't load civ3 and use the editor at the same time.

With the blue screen of death, it tells me that your OS is the problem as a crashing program doesn't cause XP Home Edition to need the computer to reboot.

Comment

Like Kitten, I use the the editor all the time and have not seen the crashes you are talking about. It has been very stable. I'd look closely at your system and see what's up with it.

As far as sizing according to the resolution, sure they could, but there are many, many things I'd rather see in the editor before this.
      Seemingly Benign
      Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

It's Win98. The stability seems to be getting better--I save every 5 minutes or so while using the editor.

Comment

Well, I'm using Win98 and I haven't seen any crashes in the editor except when I'm doing Imports from incompatible scenarios (and I think I've figured out a workaround for most of these).

I'd look at things like video card drivers, RAM (you have very little), free disk space, etc.
          Seemingly Benign
          Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

I use win98 and have never crashed in the editor. I do have 256ram though, so maybe that helps.

Comment

Working...
            X