bombard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bombard

how do I give other units the bombard ability. Tried to give archers that ability, shows up on stats but does not work in practice.

You need to tick the Bombard box under actions (where Load, Unload, Airlift, etc. are)
    Up the Irons!
    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
    Odysseus and the March of Time
    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

thank you. i should have looked more thoroughly

Comment

Just a side note:

I too gave archers a bombard strength & rate of fire (as well as all units with firearms)... but I left the bombard box unchecked and gave them a range of 0. Result, Archers will "support" other defenders in their stack when attacked. Makes them useful for defense WHEN coupled with spearmen/pikemen.

Comment

Originally posted by Trachmyr
          Just a side note:

I too gave archers a bombard strength & rate of fire (as well as all units with firearms)... but I left the bombard box unchecked and gave them a range of 0. Result, Archers will "support" other defenders in their stack when attacked. Makes them useful for defense WHEN coupled with spearmen/pikemen.
          Does the rate of fire make any difference? I've done the same thing as you, but I left that at 0 and I still get the free shot.

Comment

should they not bombard on defense automatically even if the bombard box is checked and and the rate of fire is > 0, just like catapults and whatnot.

Comment

Originally posted by Willem

Does the rate of fire make any difference? I've done the same thing as you, but I left that at 0 and I still get the free shot.
              Can you do any damage with a ROF of 0?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSlinky

Any time an enemy attacks a position with a bombard unit, even with range 0, there's a free shot which will take off 1 hit point, if successful. It's not a lot, but it can help any defensive unit that's in place there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by annoyed
                  should they not bombard on defense automatically even if the bombard box is checked and and the rate of fire is > 0, just like catapults and whatnot.
                  Yes they do. Though it's not really a bombard, just a free shot.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSlinky

Rof determines how many (max) hp damage you can do in a single attack, so if your ROF is 0 then you will do no damage, athough you will see the support graphics.
                    * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
                    * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
                    * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
                    * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

Working...
                    X