Resume freindships?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resume freindships?

In ludacris that if one is at war with an other civ, even it if it a bitter one, that 4000 years later relations are still horrible

i think it's ludacris the way it is in real life.

i still hate those damn japs
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Yeah, I think the grudges held in Civ3 are overly long. I think relations should gravitate to a median point of ambivalence. Periods of peace will erase vendettas, while failing to continually grease friends will diminish their like of you.

The problem is it may become like EU, where you can just bribe your way into being loved no matter what you do.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Historically speaking, there have been examples of both. It is rarer for two cultures to persistently hate one another (a la Hebrew-Arabic relations).

The English and French had a long-standing vendetta, and while they probably don't think too highly of each other now, they're not exactly diplomatically bitter towards one another. And the Americans held a great deal of animosity towards the English for a long time, and now they're very strong allies.
        Infograme: n: a message received and understood that produces certain anger, wrath, and scorn in its recipient. (Don't believe me? Look up 'info' and 'grame' at dictionary.com.)

Comment

Have you offered trading opportunities to the civ you used to be at war with? I declared war on the Koreans (who were polite to me) to get saltpeter resource. After securing the resource (and a few "buffer" cities) I made peace. They were furious for awhile, but I made a ROP agreement, then traded some silk, then a little iron, now they are cautious. Probably will be polite again if I throw him a tech for a bargain price.

Comment

It's kinda funny to think that, despite the past century of European conflict, the English and French still dislike each other more than either of them dislike the Germans.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
              It's kinda funny to think that, despite the past century of European conflict, the English and French still dislike each other more than either of them dislike the Germans.
              True... although I think nowadays the French and English heap the blame more on the Nazi party than on the German people as a whole.

Come to think of it, however, is there any nation that the French DO get along with?
              Infograme: n: a message received and understood that produces certain anger, wrath, and scorn in its recipient. (Don't believe me? Look up 'info' and 'grame' at dictionary.com.)

Comment

Belgium?

Can't think of any others
                I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                  I remember watyching an episode of Yes Minister where the minister's advisor convinces him that the government needs to build fallout shelters because there is a risk of nuclear war. When the minister says that there is no need because the Americans are a deterrent to the Russians he replies that the English don't have nuclear weapons as a deterrent against the Russians but as defence against the French.

Comment

Maybe Portugal
                    I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Working...
                    X