Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love Automated-Bombardment

This is my hommage to automated-bombardment

Im playing a game as Spain, and i have a full-fledge World War 1 style war going against Russia. this is PRE-tanks, and we both have infantry, so hardly any cities are getting conquered.

That being said, my artillery is my only great advantage, as i have more than Russia cares to build. And, its a god-send that i dont have to manually select the same target every turn for every gun.

Very nice.
    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Yeah... now if they could only program stacked bombardment, artillery would be a real force to be reckoned with.
    Infograme: n: a message received and understood that produces certain anger, wrath, and scorn in its recipient. (Don't believe me? Look up 'info' and 'grame' at dictionary.com.)

Comment

Programed, stacked, auto-bombard would destroy the competetion.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

another thing i love

Radar Towers

still dont have Tanks... and still in this stinking war (im loyal to my MPP agreement with Celt-land)... build two radar towars along the front line.. Kiev falls in two turns of HEAVY arttillery, and the biggest cavalry rush i could put together along with three Infantry

Moscow is next

Comment

DAMNED VICTORY POINT loss!

Ottomans had 2... i had 3... but they got more points than i did...how?

aaaack

Comment

I love auto-bombard. Especially in a simultaneous turns game, so I can hit ctrl-U and watch my bombers rain destruction down in one massive airstrike.

Comment

I would trade auto-bombardment for stacked bombardment any day. I use huge stacks of bombardment units, it usual only takes 1-3 turns to do the job so auto-b isn't all that helpful, but I'd rather not have to bombard 20 times.

Comment

I agree completely. Auto-bombard is only marginally useful, especially since I try to take a city with only one turn's worth of bombardment (to prevent units from healing themselves). A stack bombardment would save me hours, literally.
                The Electronic Hobbit

Comment

Originally posted by Randolph
                  I would trade auto-bombardment for stacked bombardment any day.
                  I want both!

My beef with the auto-bombard is that I have to turn off the preference that wakes units next to an enemy. Otherwise all auto-bombard orders are cancelled. Kind of a clumsy way of doing it. Other than that, I think it's great.

Comment

Working...
                  X