Error with created mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error with created mod

I created a mod and I started playing it as the Germans. On my third turn, when I click enter to end it, one of my advisors pops up but no text box comes up, then the game just exits. When I tried it again, I got the same thing. Then I tried to click the advisors button to see which advisor was popping up, but the game crashed there too. It only crashes in the mod I made. I changed rules a little bit, units, civilopedia unit icons, civilopedia.txt, pediaicons.txt, and units_32.pcx, and I used warpstorm's watercolor terrain in my mod. Anyone else have similar problems or know how to fix this?

Actually, the only rules I edited were unit rules. The advisor that popped up was my domestic advisor because I just completed building a warrior. Like I said before it only happens in my mod. I am guessing it has something to do with the civilopedia.txt or pediaicons.txt file.

Comment

Did you add units? If so you will need to add entries for each new unit in the pediaicons.txt file.
      Seemingly Benign
      Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

I did add all the entries for all the units. I put in icons and descriptions for all the units in the civilopedia, too.

I tried to start a new game and same problem except it happened when I built my first city.

Comment

Nothing pops up when the game gets an error except the stupid Windows XP thing asking you to debug or send info to Microsoft

Comment

It must be something with my units because I made a copy of my scenario and took out all the new units I put in and it works fine. But I can't find anything wrong with the units I put in.

Comment

I fixed the problem. Something was wrong with my units_32.pcx. It was named .pcx but I don't think it was in that format.

Comment

Working...
              X