Hosting problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hosting problem

I tried to host an "internet "game, and found that the only available game settings available to me on my multiplayer setup screen are "game type" and "game mode". No choice of world size and other normal settings as when using SP or multiplayer "local", and no player setup options, as described in the manual. I can't even choose a civ. The only thing on the right side of the screen is the "ready" button and the "launch" button. Can anyone explain what is going on? Do I have to define these things separately and then choose "load game" ? I am slightly mystified.

That area is more like an 'advertising' area for your game. After you choose 'Launch' all those options you want become available. Why was it done this way, with an extra lobby? According to Firaxis, Gamespy required it that way.
    Seemingly Benign
    Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Thanks, Warpstorm, but when I tried hitting "launch" I was getting the message "not all players are ready". I have now figured it out. You have to hit "ready" (even though you are not) then "launch". Trivial, but why something not obvious like that is not put into the manual is beyond me.

Comment

Probably because the manual was sent out to duplication months before the game was done (this is pretty standard).
        Seemingly Benign
        Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Working...
        X