Is PTW worth its extra money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is PTW worth its extra money?

I have played a few games (no MP) and I think that PTW is a good expansion.

The question remains if the extra possibilities should have been included in the original CIVIII.

And if not is it worth the extra € or $?

Compared with what I have payed for a Gameboy Advance and a couple of games for my little daughter, PTW is money well spent.

So, believers and non-believers have a go at this thread.
    Yes, sure.
    71.88%
    No, it's a rip-off.
    21.88%
    I cannot make up my mind.
    6.25%

The poll is expired.

Re: Is PTW worth its extra money?

Originally posted by georges bonbon
    The question remains if the extra possibilities should have been included in the original CIVIII.
    Not sure why we must keep bringing this up. The fact is, the publisher of the game saw multiplayer as an additional marketing opportunity and treated it as such. Most publishers are not in the charity business.

As for being worth the price, yes, it is worth the price. I got it on sale for US$19.99, but I would still be happy if I had paid $29.99. Instead, I'm happy and have a bottle of gin.
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

I think if it's priced at US $10, it's a worthwhile upgrade. The multiplayer doesn't work too well for me, so it's not worth much more than that to me just for the additional civs.
      Infograme: n: a message received and understood that produces certain anger, wrath, and scorn in its recipient. (Don't believe me? Look up 'info' and 'grame' at dictionary.com.)

Comment

i bought it for £19.99
        and i would pay that just for the editor and Civs i haven't even played a multi-player game yet
        I am Pharaoh of all Egypt bow down to me or feel my wrath!

Comment

It's a rip off, but it's also worth it. A price close to $15 would've been more reasonable. But still, I've had a load of fun with it.

Comment

I wouldn't remove PTW from my system permanently if someone offered me $30.
            Seemingly Benign
            Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Its worth it.

A great improvement over the basic game.

much easier to use mods and the sort.

And any future patches are baased on PTW., so if you play with the editor, you should get it.

Comment

Each cent. I'm having fun, that's what I paid for.
                RIAA sucks
                The Optimistas
                I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Working...
                X