Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delete lsans.fot and bic.out.tmp really required?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delete lsans.fot and bic.out.tmp really required?

from Boubakr
    go to ptw folder
    delete files=
    lsans.fot
    and
    bic.out.tmp

Anyone know about this ?

I happened to see on GameSpy a discussion about issues causing game instability, if you have played a game with someone that doesn't have the latest patch. If you want to play again you need to delete a few files (above) which are corrupt. Is this true ?

I've searched Apolyton and CivFanatics and I don't see this issue discussed anywhere.

Is anyone aware of this and can elaborate if this is true or not ?

Thanks
    WarningU2 Member of CIvilization Players Multiplayer League
    ---------------------------
    "A witty saying proves nothing." - Voltaire (1694-1778)

I don't know about MP, but in SP if I don't delete those files, I find the music becomes really choppy and clicky.....I'm not sure which file is the culprit, but I don't have any changes in PtW.ini, so it works for me.
    I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

I have one of the files lsans.fot and my sound is clicky on occassion...you telling me this is the cause ?

Comment

I do have the file LSANS.fot but not bic.out.tmp and no sound problem. Sure hope this ain't true.
        Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

I deleted the lsans.fot file and game seems to function ok and the sound hasn't clicked out like it does occassionally (so far).

Comment

The lsans.fot file is just a font file. Double-click it and you'll see. I doubt that it is the cause of any slowness. If you delete it, it'll be recreated later from the lsans.ttf file. I don't have a bic.out.tmp file, so I can't say if it is giving me any problems.
            Seemingly Benign
            Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

sorry, my bad. I don't have any bic.out.tmp or whatever, but I delete lsans.fot and ptw.ini, and sound seems to improve dramatically. Could it be a setting in PtW.ini that's causing the clickiness?
              I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

Working...
              X