No announcement yet.

My CD really looks like crap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

actually I do have a second drive (CD-r)

I think civ3 is too memory intensive to use that. Well maybe not. But I cannot use the default windows cd player (a small program that did not interfere with civ2's speed) because I no longer have the direct line from my cd-rom to my sound card. I have to use software to send the appropiate info.

mp3's might be more viable, but I still have to use a program to run them.

Comment

You sure it was your cd you were playing with?????

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
        actually I do have a second drive (CD-r)

I think civ3 is too memory intensive to use that. Well maybe not. But I cannot use the default windows cd player (a small program that did not interfere with civ2's speed) because I no longer have the direct line from my cd-rom to my sound card. I have to use software to send the appropiate info.

mp3's might be more viable, but I still have to use a program to run them.
        Problem is that Civ3 is such a memory and resource hog, you're going to slow down your late-game even worse if you're trying to decode MP3's in the background.
        Infograme: n: a message received and understood that produces certain anger, wrath, and scorn in its recipient. (Don't believe me? Look up 'info' and 'grame' at dictionary.com.)

Comment

Working...
        X