Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question on the editor and save game maps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on the editor and save game maps?

Hello.

I haven't seen anything about this, so I just have to ask.

More than a few times, I've played a random map game in PTW (and regular CIV III for that matter) which, after I was done, made me think 'damn! I'd like to play that map again.'

So what I am asking is if there is any way to import the map from a saved game into the editor, to turn into a scenario.

Thanks.

****, that's a good question, I hope that someone can post a way to do this!!!

have a nice day
    bleh

Comment

I think I have an answer!
      :
      Go here:

Download Civ3 Multi Tool(if you can, Upgrade to v..097 after installing it)
      Take the Save Game Editor, load you saved game, and Export as Bic. In PTW Editor you can Load .BIC, and Convert to PTW Format(Bix).

So now you have your favorite custom maps to play again and again

Have a nice day!
      Edit= ...so bad, I think PTW savegame doesn't work with this Savegame Editor...
      bleh

Comment

[QUOTE] Originally posted by cronos_qc

Download Civ3 Multi Tool(if you can, Upgrade to v..097 after installing it)
        Take the Save Game Editor, load you saved game, and Export as Bic. In PTW Editor .....

Thanks. My same question exactly about replaying a map I really like.

I have some more questions

1. Where do you find the upgrade to v..097
        2. How do you export as bic
        3. How do you get into the ptw editor, meaning, which file is it and in what directory?

Comment

In addition, the random seed and settings for the last game you started is saved in the ini file. These numbers can be fed into the editor to regenerate the map.
          Seemingly Benign
          Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Sorry people, what a dud I was! My questions were answered after I downloaded and opened the multitool program!!

My only question/problem now is that I cannot load my civ3ptw saved game, only my civ3 ones. I get a runtime error 9 message. I downloaded/installed the vb5 runtime routines as mentioned in the readme files. Still no luck. I have WinXP.

What now?

Comment

It seems Warpstorm is quite right, the map seed is found in the ptw.ini. just copy the number, input it into civ3xedit, and viola! A scenario with the EXACT same map....aslthough you'll have to remember what the map settins were, ie size, land-mass, wetness, age....
              I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

Those settings are also in the ini file. Just don't start a new one, since it only keeps the last one generated.
                Seemingly Benign
                Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Thanks for the info. Is that the worldseed# in the ptw.ini file?

Comment

Thanks, everyone. I just have to remember to make a scenario map after a game is done, because one I start a new game, the opportunity is indeed lost.

Of course, though, if temperature and wetness were randomized, I wouldn't know what those settings were...but there aren't that many combinations to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by Switch
                      My only question/problem now is that I cannot load my civ3ptw saved game, only my civ3 ones. I get a runtime error 9 message. I downloaded/installed the vb5 runtime routines as mentioned in the readme files. Still no luck. I have WinXP.
                      Gramphos hasn't had a chance yet to come up with a version that works with PTW. He doesn't have the program yet, as of last week anyway, and Firaxis/Infogrames wasn't kind enough to send him one.

Curious considering that there wouldn't be quite as much in the way of scenarios on the PTW disk if he hadn't devoted so much time and energy towards the MultiTool this past year.

If it sounds like I'm trying to lay a guilt trip on Firaxis/Infogrames, it's because I am!

Comment

Hey, they didn't even send Mark or Dan a copy. I guess they're not into that whole gratitude thing...
                        I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

Working...
                        X