Weird top 5 cities in hot seat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird top 5 cities in hot seat?

I was just testing hotseat (me playing as two Civs). After I have played some time, I chose to check out the top 5 cities (Actually I checked out the demographs, but couldn't avoid seeing the top 5 cities) for Civ1. As it became Civ2's turn, I also chose to check the Demographs here, but also noticed the top 5 cities here... The top 5 cities for the two different Civs where different (Civ2 had some minor city as No 3 city)...

I went back to Civ1 to check the top 5 cities again (Things might have changed), but here the top 5 cities were the same as it was last turn for that Civ... How come?
    This space is empty... or is it?

Hmmm...nobody who has ever come across this?

Comment

Haven't come across that but I have a theory. Ahem.

If the two civs in question haven't met or gotten contact with all the other civs, then their knowledge of the top civs might be different.

I am playing a SP game where all I knew about was the four of us on one land mass until I had galleons and found 12 more civs! Before finding them, when I checked the score, only the four of us showed up. We had no knowledge that the others existed. And it was a bit disconcerting to suddenly go from first to sixth in what had looked like a four player game.
      Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'."
      http://www.schlockmercenary.com/ 23 Feb 2004

Comment

how do you check the top five cities?

Comment

Originally posted by Boracks
          Haven't come across that but I have a theory. Ahem.

If the two civs in question haven't met or gotten contact with all the other civs, then their knowledge of the top civs might be different.
          That's not the case, since I have already meet all civs...

And btw, you see the top 5 cities, by pressing F11

Comment

i've noticed that for some reason i never see my own cities in the top 5 in MP, no matter how many wonders i have in them (i has the Colossus and Great Library one game in my capital). could that be it?
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Only two cities had wonders, and they both were on the top 5 list, by both Civs...

Comment

interesting

are the top 5 determined by culture?

IF so, perhaps the non wonder cities have similar culture-so similar that they leap frog each other as their turn comes up.

just a theory, could be totally wrong. I'm not sure when culture is added-at your turn or at the start of the year.

Comment

From my experience, the top 5 cities are indeed determined by culture. Don't know if it's any different in multiplayer or anything.

Comment

It might be the culture, since the minor city, that's in player2's top 5 list, is one of his own (Player1 is America, and player2 is Japan)... though I don't remember the other cities...

Comment

Working...
                    X