Scenerios: Creating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenerios: Creating

I've noticed something odd about Civ3 Play the World.

I know that in Civ2, it was rather pretty easy to create a scenario based upon what you tastes were, such as sci-fi or history oriented.

But in this, it's much much more difficult to create Scenarios, due to their being really no rules.txt. Why did they make it like that?

There are some flaws in the current editor (namely lack of events and diplomacy editting), but it allows for quite a few rules changes if you are willing to put in the time to learn it.
    Seemingly Benign
    Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

You also have to keep in mind that the graphics part is harder for civ 3.

Comment

Usually 120 different frames (pictures) for graphics of just one unit.

Going to be hard to create any unit for a scenario.

Comment

Thankfully there are a lot of them available for download already.
          Seemingly Benign

Comment

Uhm..... such as where? I haven't seen any real historical scenarios listed here.. am I lookin in the wrong place or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Doomz02
              Uhm..... such as where? I haven't seen any real historical scenarios listed here.. am I lookin in the wrong place or something?
              He meant that there are plenty of units available for download (am I right?).

There IS a WW2 scen for PtW, although it's in it's early stages.
              I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

Yes, I was talking about units, of which there are at least a hundred, many quite good.

As for detailed historical scenarios, no there aren't yet. The lack of diplomacy editing and events scripting makes some of these hard if not impossible to do.

As for ones that are essentially a setting with replacement untis and techs, I've tried a good Ancient Med scenario and a good Japanese Scenario.
                Seemingly Benign

Comment

Working...
                X