The million dollar question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The million dollar question.

So now that v1.14 has been released the million dollar question is does this patch fix MP? I've been holding back on buying PtW because of all the bad word of mouth it has recieved here at 'poly and now I'd like to hear from a few of our loyal 'poly users. Does patch 1.14 make MP usable and enjoyable? I'm primarially interested in multiplayer; should I buy PtW?
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes.
    Call me Frank.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical. - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I've just played a game with 5 People, with minimal lag.
      The new patch is a HUGE(and this is not the good word) improvement... now MP is Playable and Enjoyable!!!!!!

Have a nice day
      bleh

Comment

1.14 unbelievable.

I mean it seems to have done the impossible and fixed almost all the problems.
        Pentagenesis for Civ III
        Pentagenesis for Civ IV in progress
        Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

Much improved multiplayer. Now I remember why I paid for this game!!

Comment

wil they mark new boxes with the current patch or will I have to buy the game and they load the patch from the internet, how big is it exactly? (subquestions: Is the first patch included, do I need another PTW disc or can I multiplay with the original?)
            The true way of sword fencing is the craft of defeating the enemy in a fight, and nothing other than this.
            -Miyamoto Shinmen Musashi

Comment

do I need another PTW disc or can I multiplay with the original?

most multiplayer games need 1 cd per (network) computer. But 99 out of 100 times, you just start the tame with the cd, remove the cd and put it in a 2nd pc, start the game, remove it, and put it in a 3rd pc. etc. etc.

rarely a pc might as for the cd, in that case just remove it from one of the other pc's and put it in.

I think that's legal, the game wants to be sure you bought the game to start it. You can prove that by putting it in initially.
              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

thats not legal but we'll pretend it is.

without a licence, it's one copy, one machine.
                "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

thats not legal but we'll pretend it is.

of course that's legal,
                  at least the dutch law says one cd can be used within one household. according to the dutch law it's even legal to make copies of a cd for use within the same household!

I have two computers, I can use my civtw on both computers! It's not that both my computers need to buy the game, I must buy the game.
                  Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                  Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

It is not legal in the US.

Comment

vmxa: and apolython is in greece not USA.
                      Greece... the place where videogame are illegual...
                      .xyz is for every website, everywhere.® We offer the most flexible and affordable domain names to create choice for the next generation of internet users.

Edit= Unless they have have changed this law voted this summer
                      Last edited by CrONoS; November 27, 2002, 14:40.
                      bleh

Comment

Ah, but isn't Apolyton's mainframe/server located on U.S. soil? I believe it is.
                        "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                        "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

No, Canadian soil, right?

Comment

Well I'm still skeptical. I mean the people that told us that there were no problems now tell us that all the problems are fixed, less than 24 hours after the latest patch was released. Some of the bugs that were surfacing were from a month of testing on 1.04. I think I'll wait a little longer before jumping to any conclusion at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by cronos_qc
                              vmxa: and apolython is in greece not USA.
                              Greece... the place where videogame are illegual...
                              .xyz is for every website, everywhere.® We offer the most flexible and affordable domain names to create choice for the next generation of internet users.

Edit= Unless they have have changed this law voted this summer
                              I am not sure where it is hosted, but I had thought it was not in the USA and I know about the Greek law, but I thought the reference was to using a CD on more than one PC. I do not know if that is legal anywhere, althought it was stated here that it is in at least one place. I would wonder about that as I seems to me that will make it very hard for companies to do business in that land. Since it is such a small market, they may not sweat it.

Comment

Working...
                              X