Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Military advisor screen moving real slow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military advisor screen moving real slow.

It takes forever for it to scroll up and down on this screen. Now that I have spys it is a pain to look at what the other civs have. It never ran slow like this on regular civ3. Anyone else have this problem?

I have not noticed it, but someone else made this complaint. I think that they had a solid system, so that was not the reason.

Comment

The thing is this did not happen to me on regular civ3. Only happend when I got ptw.

Comment

Yeah, I have the same problem. My system is a P4-1.7GHz with 512MB RAM. Scrolling in the Military Advisor is really slow, and it makes looking at stuff a real pain. I'm using PTW 1.04f on Windows XP Professional.
        My nickname in the PTW matchmaking system is Psygnosis.

Comment

it's happened on my PC as well and it's been happening in every game i've played. i don't think it matters how many opponents you have in the game as i've played 3 games now with PTW and they ranged from a 6 player game (single player on all of them) , to a 10 player game, and now on my current 16 player game. once spies arrive, the screen starts to go backwards in it's speed. i hope this gets fixed cuz it makes it quite impossible to view this screen.

Comment

I too am plauged by this. Any mouse click anywhere on the screen takes between thirty seconds to several minutes to cause any reaction.

I don't even bother planting spies anymore, because looking at the enemy's army nubmers is far too tedious.

Comment

Yeah I've had the same problem with the Military Advisor screen. It was fine in Civ3, and only slowed down in PTW. I also noticed other massive slowdowns (e.g., harbors take even longer to be built than in Civ3, cities take longer to be built, turns are generally longer, etc.)

Comment

The F3 screen will refresh slightly faster if on your civ you have selected units by city. If you select units available in civ, it is very slow.

== PF

Comment

Why the hell is that though?

It went nice and fast on civ3, but it goes painfully slow in PTW.
                  "Perseus wore a magic cap so that the monsters he hunted might not see him. We draw the magic cap down over our own eyes and ears so as to deny that there are any monsters" - Karl Marx

Comment

By the way.
                    Is this thing fixed with new 1.14f patch, or is still there?

Comment

alas it's not been fixed in the recent patch. it's still a nightmare trying to do anything in this window.

any chance of this being addressed in the next patch? that screen is sorely missed by my spies...

Comment

This should be reported in BUG thread.

Comment

I actually posted this on the 1.04f bug thread, around page 5-7 I believe. I got no reasponse about it after a couple of days, everyone was nagging about mp.

Comment

i think i added it to the bug report as well the other night. if i haven't, i'll definitely do so tonight.

Comment

BUMP....keeping this alive until it's corrected.

Comment

Working...
                              X