AI and Multi Regencide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI and Multi Regencide

Does the AI ever move its regents in multi-regicide? Or does it keep them all in its first city?

If it does move them what strategy does it follow?

I'm trying to herd a civ into a little corner where I plan on cultivating them as a pet and need to know if there is someway to encourage its regent units to go into the corner.

Thrumble, don't know.

However, I will take this opportunity to say how funny it is that on single regicide the AI always keeps the monarch in the capitol. I've nuked several capitols and wiped out the whole civ. I think A., the monarch should survive a nuke blast down in his bunker, or B., the AI should know to move the monarch around - hide him in the mountains like I do with mine.

Comment

Exactly, but I haven't seen the AI move any of them around, it would be a cool option if you had to hunt them all down, but as it is you just attack their first city and its over.

It's not like its hard to figure out what their first city was.

Comment

Ive seen Hannibal moving three of himself with a strong guard of three mercenaries.

Comment

Never seen them move at all. They always just have
          them in the Capital city, and then guard it like its area 51.

Comment

AI was not made to handle these victory conditions AFAIK

These should only be played against humans
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I have seen the AI move it's King units in Mass Regicide twice in the same game.

Once was when I was exploring France's southern coast and say the AI send a King and a Spearman out of the capital and towards an area that was full of barbarians.

The second time came later when the AI sent a Spearman and a King into my territory trying to get to the a city on the other side.

Now I've only seen it happen in this one game, but I'm pretty sure the AI does move the extra King units.

Comment

I'll have to check to verify, but I think I've seen a few instances where (after establishing an embassy and getting a view of a civ's capitol) I saw only one King unit in that city in a mass-regicide game.
                |"Anything I can do to help?" "Um. Short of dying? No, can't think of a |
                | thing." -Morden, Vir. 'Interludes and Examinations' -Babylon 5 |

Comment

AS I said in another thread, play the Mass Regicide. Then the AI has one king in his capital, the rest moves in other cities. I ever saw them in their very home territory, so I think he moves them into the first build cities and let them there until they rott. ;-)

Comment

Working...
                  X