A little bit better PtW & Civ3 poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little bit better PtW & Civ3 poll

I tried to make poll which would be more realistic and reflect real opinions about PtW and Civ3. There are many answers to choose from, and I don't think I missed any.

Note: Satisfied doesn't mean that you have no probelms with PtW (since almost everybody has probelms with Internet MP), it just means that you think it good enough to keep and play for now.

Hmm...

There are no bannanas, but in that case you should check "Undecided".
    As soon as possibile
    15.29%
    Already bought, and I'm satisfied for price given
    37.65%
    Already bought, and I'm very angry
    5.88%
    Already bought, and I'm very angry, but MP fix would probably make me satisfied
    15.29%
    When price drops a little (to 15-20$).
    4.71%
    When MP problems are fixed.
    5.88%
    Never, since I don't like Civ3 in first place.
    4.71%
    Never, although I like Civ3, I don't think that I need PtW.
    7.06%
    Never, but maybe as part of some sort of "gold edition".
    2.35%
    Undecided.
    1.18%

Finally a good poll about PtW. Well done, player1.

I'll buy it ASAP, because:
    1. I 'm sure Firaxis will patch it until it will be flawless.
    2. Until then I'm going to enjoy the new single player features and PBEM/hotseat.
    3. I want to support Firaxis. If PtW won't sell well, we won't see any other expansions (nor civ4 too soon).
    "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
    --George Bernard Shaw
    A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
    --Woody Allen

Comment

Originally posted by Tiberius
      3. I want to support Firaxis. If PtW won't sell well, we won't see any other expansions (nor civ4 too soon).
      That's pretty good point.

Remeber Ctp2?

Nobody bought it, nobody patched it.

But that game had good potential.
      If just Activions tried to invest in it a little bit more.

Comment

Good job, player1!
        Finally, a poll I can honestly vote in.

Since I got my copy of PtW mostly because of the SP and UI improvements, I guess it's no surprise that I am quite happy about it. The MP will be OK much sooner than I find some spare time to give it a try.

And Tibi made a very good point. I honestly wish that the guys at Firaxis continue improving and developing Civ, since - to me - they have proven quite adept in bringing new ideas into the Civ world. And... I bow to their post-release support of the game... Given time and money enough, I do believe they will polish Civ3 into a perfect gem (referring to Vel calling the current Civ "a flawed gem", which I do agree with...).

Comment

Voted the 4th option "Already bought, and I'm very angry, but MP fix would probably make me satisfied", although it doesn't match my feelings entirely. I'm not very, but moderately angry (the SP improvements are very good), and a MP fix would not only make me satisfied, but happy.

Good poll, player1.

And Tiberius: To grant further game support and to get maybe a Civ4 some day, we need not to support Firaxis, but Infogrames (awwww, that hurts to say... ). They hold the rights, and Firaxis is just a hired company, that does the development. Infogrames might as well hire another company next time (if ever, that is). But the means remain the same, as long as the game sells well, the chance of further support and may be another sequel grow.

Comment

I would buy it for SP only. But I gather, from looking through some of the posts, that SP is not working all that well.

What's your experience?
            Jack

Comment

Originally posted by MyOlde
              I would buy it for SP only. But I gather, from looking through some of the posts, that SP is not working all that well.

What's your experience?
              Huh? I must have missed some posts. SP is the part of the game that is working. There may be some smaller bugs lurking below the surface, but there definitely are not any game ruining bugs... nothing like when Civ3 came out and air power was broken.

As for the poll, I already bought it and I'm happy especially considering the price I paid (which was only US$20).
              "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
              "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
              "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Well, Sir Ralph, then read: I want to support the civ series. Like you said: "as long as the game sells well, the chance of further support and may be another sequel grow". I'd add: ... regardless of who the developer or the publisher is. (as long as Sid Meier is involved )
                "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                --George Bernard Shaw
                A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                --Woody Allen

Comment

What, no banana?

Somebody set up us the bomb!!!

Comment

Already bought the XP, largely satisfied (I'm mainly interested in SP), but still hoping for a MP patch ASAP so that the game sells well.
                    "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

Fanboy signs in.

Comment

Er-Good poll but,
                        There are many answers to choose from, and I don't think I missed any.
                        What about 'I have ordered it but dont know what it is like, as it hasn't arrived yet?'

Comment

Already on page 2? That's a shame, because this is really a good poll.

*bump*
                          --George Bernard Shaw
                          --Woody Allen

Comment

This is a far superior poll

Comment

First option

And I agree to much that has been said here

oh, if Civ4 ever does get made, I hope they will give it to Firaxis, and certainly hope it will be the same team who makes it.
                              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                              X