Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firaxis knew there were problems and released a patch prior to the game being available in retail outlets. From day one fanboys have told us that it works and anybody who has problems just don't know how to set up their machines. Gamespy has said their piece about the problem and now the reviews are starting to reflect the sediments of the so called "ranters". Anyone who believes that the multiplayer capabilities were/are acceptable is living in denial of what we should be able to expect in the early 21st century, it's not 1984 any more. The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Comment

Or maybe it is 1984...

Its okay, people who defend PTW MP staunchly are either in denial, or in with the Firaxis lot.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
        Or maybe it is 1984...

Its okay, people who defend PTW MP staunchly are either in denial, or in with the Firaxis lot.
        Or are behaving in a reasonable fashion and are more likely to be listened to by the developers.

You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. Trust me on that.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartouche Bee
          Firaxis knew there were problems and released a patch prior to the game being available in retail outlets. From day one fanboys have told us that it works and anybody who has problems just don't know how to set up their machines. Gamespy has said their piece about the problem and now the reviews are starting to reflect the sediments of the so called "ranters". Anyone who believes that the multiplayer capabilities were/are acceptable is living in denial of what we should be able to expect in the early 21st century, it's not 1984 any more. The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
          Truth is that MP Inet needs to be improved. A lot. No problem. Everyone know that.

The flip side is that the ranters who say that it is hopelessly broken and complete **** are themselves full of ****. Simple.

It works if you do the right things. Spend your time b*tching, or spend your time figuring out how to play. Your choice.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I would have said that a game is fine if only a small minority has problems with it and those can be worked around.

If the majority have problems with it then I'd say it was broken for all intents and purposes.

Note, I'm using the generic term "game" rather than referring to anything specific as I do not have and won't be getting PtW, so I'm not able to comment on that game's pros/cons other than what it fundamentally represents.

Regarding the sheer number of "rant" threads, yes it is annoying there are so many of them but I guess there are so many because a lot of the people who bought PtW are experiencing a heck of a lot of problems. In their minds I guess, lots of bugs = lots of negative feedback threads. If I bought something that didn't work as it was supposed to [INSERT LARGE PERCENTAGE HERE] percent of the time then I'd be annoyed too.

Comment

Originally posted by Demerzel
              Regarding the sheer number of "rant" threads, yes it is annoying there are so many of them but I guess there are so many because a lot of the people who bought PtW are experiencing a heck of a lot of problems. In their minds I guess, lots of bugs = lots of negative feedback threads. If I bought something that didn't work as it was supposed to [INSERT LARGE PERCENTAGE HERE] percent of the time then I'd be annoyed too.
              I would not assume that all of the rants are from people who bought it. Hey, there were 'players' posting stuff here before it hit the shelves. What does that tell you?

It tells me there are people with Alpha warez running their mouth.

I can guarantee you one thing. If one of them is in your game, it will crash at start. Hmmm. Reports of crashes at start. Wonder what's causing that?
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)

Comment

why does everyone whine like babies? take the damn thing back then for crying out loud.
                I love the expansion. Its not Civ4, its an expansion.
                Firaxis is not an evil empire bent on stealing your money. Wow, get a life whiners!
                Civ Fanatic
                aka "Shadow Soldier"

Comment

I know, I know some of you will want to reply and say oh well they are busy probably working on the patch, no time to respond or post. Well please! All it takes is 5 minutes or less to post something up and say hey guys we know there are some problems and we are progressing with the patch, etc don't worry it will be out soon, etc ,etc something along those lines.
                  this has already been done: they've already said they are working on a patch

all you need to do now if you think the game doesnt work for you is check here and our news section every few days. if there is a patch you'll figure it out instantly.

there is no really point in
                  1) repeating already said complaints
                  2) reading daily developer updates(if they existed) of the "we've progressed 5% today. i've personally killed 3 bugs!" type

and if firaxis fails you then you simply should not buy their next game

there are better things to do that worry and rant about all this....
                  Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                  Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                  giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                  X