Argh! 78 steps forward, 1 step backward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argh! 78 steps forward, 1 step backward

Has anyone else noticed the fact that PTW defaults to 8 civs, even in single player mode on maps that allow more than 8 players? I like prefer large-sized maps and am very picky about starting locations--I like a nice, average start, nothing more and nothing less--so by the time I find a start that I like, I play for a little while and realize the map is underpopulated because I had forgotten to hit "all random" when selecting opponents.

You know that you can fix starting locations now on a map and you dont have to restart the game a million times.
    Donate to the American Red Cross.
    Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

Well what can they do, they can not read minds, so they have a default.

Comment

Fixing starting locations beforehand would let me know where everything is, which would give me an advantage (or rather, since the AI possesses this advantage already, it would remove a handicap), which is part of the reason I go through so many restarts. Vanilla Civ3 defaulted to whatever opponents were set up for the last game you started, which struck me as being considerably better.

Comment

You have a good point there.
          Donate to the American Red Cross.
          Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

Working...
          X