• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sinapus

Yeah. Good safety tip. Thanks, Egon.
    Not to be a nit-pick, but I believe the quote was:

"Important safety tip, thanks Egon."

I laughed, so what does it matter...eveybody go home and watch Ghostbusters tonight.

I just launched a PBEM game with Mass regicide as the deal (no single regicide selected). Eveybody appears to have explored with thier kings. It's kind of funny, Hiawatha and QE making a clandestine rendevious (sp?) in the Onendaga Mountains north of Salamanca (yes, I've declared it's my territory already).

It's be really funny to see them fight...

I made the barbs dinosaurs to discourage this type of exploration, but we'll see when the first person suffers thier wrath.
    An assassinated leader, war in the Balkans, and the German Chancellor calling for a unified Europe...what's the worst thing that can happen? - Dennis Miller

Comment

IMO, if your playing classic civ, both other options should be off (IE no kings).
      For exploit reasons, Kings devaluate Expansionist to much IMHO.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Switch
        Speaking of regicide, is the AI have any sense that kings are the target? Or will it treat them like any other unit, and thus make regicide only playable in MP?
        It seems to me that the AI has been keeping a ton more units in his capitol (where I presume his majesty resides). I was at war with the Ottomans a couple hours ago and half the Otto army must have been in Istanbul.

Comment

In my current game I just razed a city (undefended) and started a war with Korea with my King. ...just like the olden days with the King leading his troops into battle.

Comment

I havent played any none mass regicide game yet so I dont know if non reg games do this too but they sure do guard their capitol real good. Last game the Scandinavians had 21 Infantry and 2 guerilla and mongols had 19 riflemen, 2 musketeers and 8 spearmen!

ALWAYS explore using ur kings in SP game. I would suggest so as well in MP as well but human players make it more risky business. In SP, AIs don't target your kings so if you lost all except one in early exploration, all you have to do is to safeguard your last king. In addition, AIs aren't as aggressive in first few turns since they are still busy expanding than envying other ppl's property. And Barbarians in any level seems to have huge disadvantage in battle (30 of them cant even take out my veteran warrior.. wtf?), so as long as you stop your leader to rest after each battle injuries, you should lose none of your kings really, if your careful.

EDIT: for maps with lots of narrow chokepoints i even dare to blockade civ from contacting other civs using kings! This way allowed me to become a middleman in alot of trades until mapmaking or even later! But if you think about doing this, you really have to be careful about considering pulling out kings later since danger of AI declaring war becomes greater later.
            :-p

Comment

I have. I only had one king and I did it. I did encounter barbarians but the king faired well.

edit: this was in a simultaneous game with 1 other human player and no ai player. I think barbarians were roaming-not sure.

Comment

In MP, using Kings to explore will be risky. Many would consider it worth it to go to war to kill a King. After all, that is one less King in your safety net.

Comment

I have balls of steel. I was in single regicide and I used my only king to explore.

AND the other human player was on the same continent as me. I only did it until I had 2 or 3 warriors out exploring.

Comment

Working...
                  X