Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting in early :)

Hi Guys,

I realise that it might be a little too soon to be putting up a wishlist for the next XP or patch, given that PtW has only just been released but, like they say, there's no time like the present .
    Much of my wishlist has to do with the editor, mostly because I have an IDEAL mod in mind, but the current editor still doesn't give me all the flexibility I'd like! (I confess I'm being very picky, because the current editor is pretty fantastic!)
    So, here is my wishlist-I certainly hope that some Firaxians come and read it

Editor:
    Ability to create government and building specific units.
    Ability to edit and create terrain improvements.
    Give wonders the ability to grant civ-wide bonuses to production, food and commerce.
    Give wonders the ability to grant civ-wide reductions to War Weariness and corruption, and civ-wide increases in propoganda resistence.
    Create a new wonder flag which will give those wonders so flagged the ability to increase the optimal number of cities (for corruption purposes).
    Grant ability to make improvements obsolete.
    Ability to edit diplomacy and events.

General Stuff:
    More diplomacy options, such as Full Alliance (Civs remain independant, but share military, scientific and economic resources); Political Union (Protectorate) (Weaker civ gives up control to more powerful civ, but the former civs cities, armies and citizens retain their original identity-including their own capital); multilateral trade and peace treaties-especially through the UN!; Unit Trades and Science/Environment Pacts would also be nice!
    Civil War and Dark Ages!!!
    EDIT: More Spy Options-namely poison water, plant nuclear device and destroy improvements (a la Civ2!!)

Well, thats pretty much it. If anyone wants to add their voice to my cause, please feel free to do so! Also, as I do not yet have PtW, can anyone let me know if any of the editor features I mentioned above are already available?
    Thanks for your attention.

Yours,
    The_Aussie_Lurker.
    Last edited by The_Aussie_Lurker; November 5, 2002, 17:54.

That sounds a lot more like a new patch (more room to screw up on), than just more editor options...

Comment

Yes, if they put all that stuff in, it would be so cool. Nice list.

I think a 3-way discussion would be good (and hard to do 4 the developers) as I often see countries at war, and it would be in my best interest if they would be at peace but there is no way I can currently persuade them todo so....
      Revolution Gaming - Revolution Technology

Comment

Seems like every game I play my biggest wish comes down to one thing:

More diplomacy options.

Why is it that no developer seems to pay enough attention to diplomacy? EU came sort of close, but I personally didn't like the rest of the game.

Actually, SMAC even made a better foray into diplomacy than Civ3 does. Are we regressing?
        "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
        "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
        "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Try SupremeRuler2010

You want diplomacy and lots of options, try
          supremeruler2010.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, supremeruler2010.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

That looks like the game for you. Kind of a super version of civ.

Comment

Re: Try SupremeRuler2010

Originally posted by tonyhaug
            You want diplomacy and lots of options, try
            supremeruler2010.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, supremeruler2010.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

That looks like the game for you. Kind of a super version of civ.
            Cool! Thanks for that - definitely something to keep my eye on....
            "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
            "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
            "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Working...
            X