capturing cities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• capturing cities

Hey I just got play the world today. It has been months since I have played. I began to play and as I attacked an opposing civilization I found I couldnt capture their cities. I could only raze them. I have it set on regicide and hurried production. I have looked through the book and I cant find anything about it. if someone could help me out it would be greaty appreciated. Thanks

A patch made it so that you could not capture a size 1 town, unless it had a certain amount of culture. It is automatically razed.

Comment

I assume this was to prevent the player bombarding a city to death and then walking in to take it, right?

It will make me change my strat a bit, maybe I'll carry some more settlers. Though generally I go for midgame artillery rushes and bring cities down to pop 1 to prevent culture flips, but if there isn't much culture then it won't really be a problem I guess.

Comment

Did you have Elimination Enabled? If so, then the cities are destroyed once the first city is captured, this includes by CF.

Comment

Originally posted by Bambul
          I assume this was to prevent the player bombarding a city to death and then walking in to take it, right?

It will make me change my strat a bit, maybe I'll carry some more settlers. Though generally I go for midgame artillery rushes and bring cities down to pop 1 to prevent culture flips, but if there isn't much culture then it won't really be a problem I guess.
          I forget now what the buzz was at the time, but not that, since you will be able to capture a city that was bombed down to size1 (it will have the 10 culture).

Comment

Autorazing was introduced to prevent early warmongers from following AI settlers and capturing the newly founded cities without building settlers of their own.

Comment

Working...
            X