How's PTW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How's PTW?

I haven't got it yet, and from what I can see, most (if not all) people hate it. So, should I get it or not?
    It's everything I hoped for!
    28.00%
    It's good, but not great.
    20.00%
    It's not the worst game, but certainly not the best.
    4.00%
    I wouldn't suggest buying it.
    20.00%
    Don't even bother, it sucks.
    28.00%
    It's not that I don't like civ2, it's that I like civ3 more...I think.

What do you want the game for?

If you primarily play SP, I would say get it. The additions and changes to the AI and graphics and mods are worth the price. There are no problems that I've seen with the SP game, its basically the same but quite improved, new units civs, game types etc.

if you want it for MP only, then.....
    roll of the dice.

I've played a few games with few problems
    I've also had a few crashes (due to other people's problems-warez, patch or firewall etc.)

There are problems though, huge lag time. crashes, locks on various systems.

Hopefully it will be patched soon, but.....

So if you want it MP, I would say wait to see if its patched. Or if you have a friend on a lan, i hear it works fine.
    But if you ever, ever play SP, I would say buy it. buy it now, its much improved from Civ3.

Comment

I go along with Asleep, for SP it is fine. I like the changes.

Comment

Currently: 3/10 overall (MP big factor)

After MP works: 9/10

Comment

It's pretty funny that the MP expansion is a good SP game but not a good MP game.

Comment

I got it mostly for SP and partly for MP, so for me its fine. Love the new civs and UUs and the other features it adds. I'm sure MP will be patched as well, only a matter of time. So for me its a 9/10, 10/10 once mp is fixed.
            "Every good communist should know political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao tse-Tung

Comment

Working...
            X