Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the hell is up with the historical researchers at firaxis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm thinking of trying a mod with 3 traits. got ideas for all but indians. any ideas?

3rd traits
    america - commercial
    iroqois - uh, militaristic
    aztec - commercial (had serious merchants, actually)
    england - industrious
    france - scientific
    germany - industrious
    rome - industrious or expansionist - close call
    greece - expansionist
    russia - militaristic
    babylon - commercial
    zulu - uh, again, tough call, religious?
    persia - religious
    india - ????????
    china - will make them industrious/scientific/militaristic
    japan - will make them mil/ind/rel
    egypt - again not sure, commercial?
    "Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you." No they don't! They're just nerve stapled.

i like ibble blibble

Comment

bigvic,

Based on the latest evidence from the Indus river valley, I think commercial and religious would be a good choice.

At about the same time as the Egyptians were building the Pyramids, the peoples in the Indus river valley area had large, well organized cities with extensive trade networks between them. Archeologists working in Pakistan have finally recognized mounds of mud bricks as covered over cities in areas where the rivers used to flow at about 30 sites. And they planned out they're cities better than most modern ones. Populations would have been huge from the irrigation systems.

And as for the religious trait: modern day Hinduism, the Buddha was Indian and there are still several other major religions in India who co-exist in peacefully for the most part.

What I was thinking about for my own modding scheme was to either keep the civs to just 2 traits or dump them all together. Kind of a "Simpler, simpler, simpler" idea for game play since it all depends on which era you are looking at a civilization.

America - Commercial and militaristic
      Iroquois - Commercial and Religious
      Aztec - Commercial and Religious
      England - Expansionist and Militaristic
      France - Commercial and Militaristic
      Germany - Scientific and Militaristic
      Rome - Commericial and Militaristic
      Greece - Commercial and Expansionist
      Russian - Expansionist and Scientific
      Babylon - Scientific and Commercial
      Zulus - Expansionist and Religious
      Persia - Scientific and Expasionist
      India - Commericial and Religious
      China - Industrious and Religious
      Japan - Industrious and Militaristic
      Egyptian - Religious and Industrious

The only thing is that unless you are starting in historically linked starting places, these choices will unbalance the game just a bit...

And yes, many of these traits can be considered a little racist as generalizations, because it has been my experience in life that you will find people worth their weight in gold and others you wouldn't waste the lead to shoot, no matter where you go.

I'm going to try to use no traits to describe each civ, and see how well the AI Civ's hold their own against a wiley human player. That will also need attention on the "Build Often" settings. Details, details, details...

Wish them luck...

D.
      "Not the cry, but the flight of the wild duck,
      leads the flock to fly and follow"

- Chinese Proverb

Comment

Working...
      X