Commercial Dock + Colossus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commercial Dock + Colossus

If the Commercial Dock is available early, will combining it with Colossus (Colossus must be on coast, remember) create a very powerful science city?

I already think Colossus is one of the best early wonders, now its certain.

I don't think that the Commercial Dock is available till late in the game.
    Seemingly Benign
    Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

anyway it wouldn't make the benefits of the colossus any better, it's still just a +1 commerce per square... it would only make the Colossus better if the Colossus increased commerce in proportion to previous commerce.

Comment

Trow in a Golden age and you have some money making city
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Unfortunately, you need Mass Production for the Commercial Docks.
          Seemingly Benign

Comment

Why, IIRC the collossus gets 'outdated' with flight, wich comes after Mass Production.
            Or at least this path is possible.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

I guess that it is, and it's even on "The One True Path" through the Industrial Era tech tree. Actually, "The One True Path" may very well change as The Corporation now allows Stock Exchanges, Mass Production now allows the Commercial Dock, and Radio now allows both Radar Towers and Civil Defense. Some strategies may need to change.
              Seemingly Benign

Comment

Yep, actually i think they wanted to do this from the start.
                I mean what's the point (now) of researching radio before any of the others!!

Comment

That would be pretty fun to have a Colossus and Commercial Dock working together for at least a few turns.
                  (In a Democracy of course)
                  http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Sorry to go slightly off-topic, but what's the One True Path though industrial?
                    Many are cold, but few are frozen.No more durrian, please. On On!

Comment

Originally posted by Changmai Beagle
                      Sorry to go slightly off-topic, but what's the One True Path though industrial?
                      And while you're still at that please tell me about the "one true paths" through the other tech trees too.

Comment

Through the industrial age go for electronics as early as possible. If you get Darwin's you should also get the Hoover Dam. If you did, the game is probably won; it's just a matter of finishing it up as you should be a major industrial power house. I usually research industrialization first to get factories and coal plants in the cities that will be builing the Wonders. There are variations on this (make a quick stop at sanitation or replacable parts (say you have to go to war to get coal)if you have the luxury of time or situations make them tempting). The point is to get the Hoover Dam, ASAP.

My point was it looks like some of the other paths are tempting in PTW. There is a serious cash path going through corporation and into mass production.

Radio, however is just one tech past Electronics and it will be a critical defense tech.
                        Seemingly Benign

Comment

Originally posted by alva848
                          I mean what's the point (now) of researching radio before any of the others!!
                          The AI pays rather handsomly for Radio, but rarely prioritizes it for research. If you're still in a tech race at the end of the Industrial age, researching Radio first gives you a nice bargaining chip.

As for the "one true path" through the Industrial age, I admit that I'm loathe to research Refining and all that other jazz before the techs that actually do something. Hopefully this will change in the expansion.

Dominae
                          And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

I'd rather have tanks before anyone else then radio though

btw: if you have prebuild ToE, but didn't do so for hoover, and no GL to spare.
                            It could be better to leave Electronics for a while and start prebuilding again for Hoover.
                            That way the tech doesn't devaluate and you get an other usefull in return, Replaceble parts for example .
                            And if the Ai would get there before you, well, ......at least you have an end game to forward too

Comment

Originally posted by alva848
                              I'd rather have tanks before anyone else then radio though
                              Even with the 25% bonus to attack and 75% bonus to defense that radio will give?
                              Seemingly Benign

Comment

Working...
                              X