Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best PTW UU based on current information?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best PTW UU based on current information?

Conquistador* (3/2/2) Explorer
    Keshik (4/2/2) Knights
    Berserk* (6/2/1) Longbowman
    Gallic Swordsman (3/2/2) Swordsman
    Numidian Mercenary (2/3/1) Spearman
    Sipahi (7/3/3) Cavalry
    Ansar Warrior (4/2/3) Knight
    Hwacha (12/1/1) Cannon

* Spanish Conquistador unit doesn't need gunpowder resource, treat all terrain as roads, and doesn't replace anything. Berserk can launch amphibious attacks.

NOTES: berserk costs 70, Keshik are cheaper then normal knights.
    edit: Gallic Swordsman costs 50 shields + Conquistador stats changed
    edit2: saw on civfanatics chat log that Numidian Mercenary will cost more then hoplite.
    Conquistador* (5/3/3) Calvary
    7.69%
    Keshik (4/2/2) Knights(cheaper then knight)
    7.69%
    Berserk* (6/2/1) Longbowman(cost 70)
    27.69%
    Gallic Swordsman (3/2/2) Swordsman
    16.92%
    Numidian Mercenary (2/3/1) Spearman
    6.15%
    Sipahi (7/3/3) Cavalry
    15.38%
    Ansar Warrior (4/2/3) Knight
    3.08%
    Hwacha (12/1/1) Cannon
    3.08%
    The banana!
    12.31%
    Last edited by kolpo; October 9, 2002, 04:33.

I doubt between beserk and Sipahi(because calvary is already very good in attack) but beserk is my final choose.

Comment

I heard Conquistador is 3/2/2 treat all terrain as roads replaces explorer
      Seemingly Benign
      Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

they all seem pretty powerful, but the Gallic warrior will be invincible in the ancient ages

Comment

Originally posted by jdd2007
          they all seem pretty powerful, but the Gallic warrior will be invincible in the ancient ages
          i agree, but i still want aphibious attacks in the mideval age
          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Damn, it's been a long time since I've been here. I wonder if anyone recognizes me?

Anyway, I figure the Sipahi. Why, do you ask? Well, I've noticed that once cavalry comes in everyone goes on the war path to gain as much territory as possible before riflemen apear and make everything stalemate until tanks arrive. I know the cossacks have given me a massive advantage in this era. It looks like the Sipahi could do the same.

Comment

a unit with attack of 3 and movement of 2 when the most likely defenders have a value of 2: the Gallic swordman will be very difficult to stop, and will still be useful well into medieval times, until gunpowder.
              If you don't like reality, change it! me
              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Is The Banana some kind of god and can it only be built by... the Apolytonians?

Comment

I chose the banana because nothing ever beats the banana.
                  Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                    a unit with attack of 3 and movement of 2 when the most likely defenders have a value of 2: the Gallic swordman will be very difficult to stop, and will still be useful well into medieval times, until gunpowder.
                    By the way, I found out from recent Apolyton chat, that Galic Swordsmen cost 50 shields, so it won't be that much game breaking.

Comment

Originally posted by WarpStorm
                      I heard Conquistador is 3/2/2 treat all terrain as roads replaces explorer
                      I like this version more because it really fits the spanish very well.

The spanish conquistadors where indeed very good in exploring the new world and beating the native tribes and 3 attack is enough to beat down a civ of the tech level the indians where. They can now really play there true rol of fast conquiring primitive tribes in new unpasable continents.

Comment

I can't see why the Gallic Swordsman should have faster movement than regular swordsmen. Btw. what is the movement of the Roman Legion? I think the Legion should be the fastest ancient unit without a horse. Maybe the Gallics could be just as fast moving.

I voted for the Viking Berzerk, because it's attack from a boat is cool and very Viking-like.
                        Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

goto civ3.com thee is screenshot of galic being 3/2/2 next screen shot is gallic of 4/2/2........... now which one is final release?

PS I heard keshik repaces longbowman
                          :-p

Comment

Originally posted by Hagbart
                            I can't see why the Gallic Swordsman should have faster movement than regular swordsmen. Btw. what is the movement of the Roman Legion? I think the Legion should be the fastest ancient unit without a horse. Maybe the Gallics could be just as fast moving.
                            Have you never read Asterix? The MAGIC POTION!!!

Comment

Originally posted by statusperfect

Have you never read Asterix? The MAGIC POTION!!!
                              Yeah the Gallic Swordsman should be replaced with Obelix:
                              14/12/3 +100% attack vs legions and privateers(pirate ships )+10 bonus hitpoints and needs boar resource +heals when on boar resource. Still maybe too weak for him

Comment

Working...
                              X