launch! (3 NEW SCREENS)!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• launch! (3 NEW SCREENS)!

Coming from an upcoming review by UGO, here are 3 new screenshots of Civilization 3: Play the World.
    Thanks to Jonah Falcon of UGO. We look forward to view of the game, which is expected some time next month(although an exact release date has not been officially announced.
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

oops ... sorry.
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Did we know this info before? I've been away for a while, and so could easily have missed it, but it looks like news to me...
      Attached Files
      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

i dont think we had seen the face of the korean leader....

Comment

I'd however have chosen Kim Il sung instead of him...

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
            i dont think we had seen the face of the korean leader....
            we saw him in a diplomacy screen, some people thought he didn't look korean and I tried looking for his picture to compare but couldn't find one.

Comment

The only 'missing' face is Hannibal. Hence, Speedy's "I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of Hannibal in any of our products" reply to my question in the chat.
              Seemingly Benign
              Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Originally posted by WarpStorm
                The only 'missing' face is Hannibal. Hence, Speedy's "I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of Hannibal in any of our products" reply to my question in the chat.
                Hannibal is in CivIII PtW, as per the preview from Gamesman.co.nz

* Eight new Leaders including: Genghis Khan Temujin, King Hannibal, Queen Isabella and King Brennus will challenge your diplomatic and combat skills

* Eight new Civilizations: Represented in four eras, each Civilization features new units for even more strategic depth

* Multiplayer: Face off against the best Civilization players worldwide with multiplayer modes like Elimination, Domination, Regicide and King of the Mountain

* Multiplayer Modes: Includes Turn-Based and Simultaneous game types and appearing for the first time in a Civilization game, a Turnless mode

* Complete Scenario Support: Create scenarios from any time period, including those outside earth's history
                Civ III PtW can be pre-ordered there for NZ$64.95 (only shipped to Australia +NZ)

Comment

But have you seen a picture?
                  Seemingly Benign
                  Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

The Korean stats seem to have been switched from Sci/Com to Rel/Com. Or perhaps the other way, if the pictures are from an older release.
                    Wiio's First Law: Communication usually fails, except by accident.

Comment

Korean UU

Was the cannon replacement UU already known? I hadn't heard about anyone with a vanilla bombardment unit UU. Frankly, I never use any bombard units up until artillery, and even then, sparingly. Cannon are probably the worst- they show up at exactly the wrong time to be of any use. (Running down cavalry with your cannon? Yeah right.) Using them for defense is mostly a waste, as they'll only do damage to the first certain amount of units on the stack. About the only way you could make a cannon replacement useful is giving it a move of four with multiple attacks and boosting the bombard rate until it could take off two bars per hit. That would be rather scary, actually, but it'd be a nice change from the cannon as the useless unit that even the AI is hardly ever stupid enough to build.
                      KoH
                      "There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquistive idiots."

Comment

Originally posted by WarpStorm
                        But have you seen a picture?
                        No picture of Hannibal has been seen yet. If there was, he'd be in my leaders thread.

Comment

Okay, I'm sending Mark and Dan a picture of Hannibal from Civ3:PTW then.

Comment

many thanks Jonah!

Comment

Well, I haven't checked a historical picture, so I can't judge the realism, but I like the Hannibal head. Thanks!

What a pity I usually can't see any leader smiling at me: they usually are furious at me, or annoyed at the best.
                              "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                              - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Working...
                              X