The best strategy game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best strategy game?

What would be the best things in a strategy game. You can add anything even if it hasent existed.
    Secure UN votes
    7.48%
    Better war fare
    9.35%
    Things like miracles
    5.61%
    Religion
    15.89%
    Graphics
    6.54%
    Unit trading and borrowing
    14.02%
    Elections
    12.15%
    Rivaling companies
    7.48%
    Famous for something
    3.74%
    Better Governments
    17.76%

Tourism
    "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
    --George Bernard Shaw
    A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
    --Woody Allen

Comment

Religion!

Every civ has its own religion. You can send missionaries to other civs, and the citizens you convert won't resist when you come and "liberate" their city

Converted citizens also increase the possibility of cultural flipping, same way as propaganda does now.
      CSPA

Comment

If you think too many of your own citizens are converted to a foreign religion, you can get rid of them by arranging an inquisition
        This would of course worsen your relationship with the civ that converted them.
        CSPA

Comment

religion

Comment

I think currently religion is included in Culture&Nationality.

I'd like to see a better trade system and better diplomacy (including a useful UN).
            "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
            --George Bernard Shaw
            A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
            --Woody Allen

Comment

If we are talking Civilization than I agrre the trade system could use some work (pirating).

Another thing that Civ needs is for a more personable feeling towrds your citizens. Like in SimCity you actually care what your people want, you can see and hear complaints about the negative effects. In Civ it is all about you; if a city gets bombed, you really don't care you just bomb them back. Same with losing cities, you are more angry cause you lost, than at the idea you lost people. This aspect IMO could use some work.
              GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

Originally posted by Tiberius
                Tourism
                Defently

Originally posted by Wise Ass
                If we are talking Civilization than I agrre the trade system could use some work (pirating).
                Defently NOT
                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I have always thought there should be elections for example there are you and another person (a.i.). The would say what they wanted to happen and you would say that. If you lose you have to do what the ai wanted to do and you lose some production but if you win vice versa.

Comment

I personnaly dont think we have religion now in the game. This is just a simplistic version of a country based thing. In religion a christian food product costs less then jews for example. Other people get money then you do to. But with the jews you have more of a chance to culture flip and one happy citizen far away from the capitial will turn to content

Comment

Great thread, great idea!

Keep it alive, guys!

Oh, btw, I would like a Social Egineering System where you can "construct" your type of government like in AC!

Comment

I think you forgot Better Diplomacy and Better Trade system.
                        Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

i didnt forget i tried to be more specific and that was only some of the things and thanks for saying the thread is good

Comment

hi ,

unit trading needs to be in , ......

and then to say that some people are against it , ...

who knows , we might get it faster then we think , ....

keep sending beer to those guys !

have a nice day
                            Last edited by Panag; September 21, 2002, 13:39.
                            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
                            X