Diplomacy Screen & Governors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diplomacy Screen & Governors

Ok, ok, its way to late to be throwing this out, and I've seen other posts shortly after Civ3 was released but I am very disappointed to see that the Diplomacy Screen is not getting the expected makeover in PtW that so many of us have requested.

The inability to view more than 8 Civs causes serious logistical issues when trying to assess treaties. If you are playing with 12 civs, you end up having to change 1,2 or 3 of the civs on the Diplomacy Screen 4 times each in order to see all the treaties present in the game! Why do I need to look at such big pictures of their ugly mugs anyway - fit all 12 on the screen, of 16 for that matter, practicality vs. pretty pictures - it just plain doesn't work this way - I'm getting carpal tunnel syndrom just trying to find out who's allied with whom?!?

And while I'm on the subject of wrist injuries, when playing large maps, after receiving a luxury and having my happiness status change in many cities, I find I have to arrow through every city to make sure the citizens are optimized. I've gotten to the point that I just arrow through and double-click the center to let the governor reallocate based on the current happiness - doing this for 50+ cities is tedious as hell - how about a 'Governor Reallocate' button somewhere that forces a readjustment in all cities?

When is PtW 2 coming out?

Re: Diplomacy Screen & Governors

Originally posted by Oddible
    The inability to view more than 8 Civs causes serious logistical issues when trying to assess treaties. If you are playing with 12 civs, you end up having to change 1,2 or 3 of the civs on the Diplomacy Screen 4 times each in order to see all the treaties present in the game! Why do I need to look at such big pictures of their ugly mugs anyway - fit all 12 on the screen, of 16 for that matter, practicality vs. pretty pictures - it just plain doesn't work this way - I'm getting carpal tunnel syndrom just trying to find out who's allied with whom?!?
    Yeah, it's annoying you can't view more than 7 enemies (Sure, in MP you can't play more than 8 anyway, but I don't think they have completely removed SP...). In one of the screenshots I have seen, there's a "more" button in the diplomacy screen (Too lazy to find the screenshot at the moment...). I wonder how that one works...
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

how about a 'Governor Reallocate' button somewhere that forces a readjustment in all cities?
      That would be good, but the "Manage citizen moods" options will probably do what you want.
      Vini, Vidi, Poluti.

Comment

Working...
      X