What changes will you make to PtW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What changes will you make to PtW?

I already know that I will be deleting the Arabs and replacing them with the Incas plus I will be changing the Turks to Militaristic/Commercial. Now my question is what changes will you be making to your version of PtW? Who will you add/remove and how will you improve the game?
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

It would also be interesting to replace the siphai with the Jannisary, the Ansar Warrior with the camal riding Mameluke, and the hwacha with the turttle ship.

Comment

And I will get rid of Genghis Khan!
      "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
      "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

hi,

I already know that I will be deleting the Arabs and replacing them with the Incas
        replacing Arabs will not fix the starting location of the Incas will it?
        Heroes only rise from the ashes of destruction.

Comment

Since we have to delete one civ to add another I will delete the Arabs and add in the Incas with a starting location in Peru. This will help improve the balance of power in the Americas and omcrease the diversity of civs in PtW.

Comment

Since we have to delete one civ to add another
            are you sure this won't change in ptw?
            CSPA

Comment

I want to add the incas as well, though I would delete the koreans or the turks before the arabs.
              CSPA

Comment

Why delete one? You can have 31 in your scenario (although only 24 at a time).
                Seemingly Benign
                Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

I'll be adding the Incas, Hebrews and Australians AGAIN!!! (as I have already done so with my game as it is now).

I'll change the leader of the Arabs to Saladin, and the leader of the Vikings to Canute.

I'll be changing the Turks to Militaristic/Expansionist, the Spanish to Militaristic/Religious or Expansionist/Religous and the Vikings to Militaristic/Commercial.

I'll be adding the Turtle Boat to make into the Korean UU. I'll be adding the Mameluke and making it the Arab UU, and I'll be adding the Janissary to make into the Turks UU.
                  "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
                  "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
                  "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Wow people really have thier own opinons what should be in the game. To me adding something or leaveing it alone would make any difference.

Comment

I would also change the Arabs to the Inca's. The Middle East and Europe are way to crowded when playing with true world starting positions.

I'm also hoping someone will make a mod with new governments. I miss CTP2's variety

Comment

I will make Medieval Infantry 4.3.1 and cost 60 shields, so that it's a bit better than Immortals or Legions. I'll make it upgradable to Riflemen.

I will make Guerilla treat all terrain as land, and I won't make it upgradable : it must be an excellent pillage troop. I'll make explorers upgrade to Guerilla.

I will lower the cost of the Carthaginian UU to 20 shields : in a builder game (and Carthaginians are builders), having a defensive force early is vital.

I will lower the defense of the Celtic UU to 1. A 3.2.2 for 30 shields and Iron in ancient era is way too powerful.

I won't change any UU. Except with the conquistador, Firaxis has shown some originality when designing the UU, and didn't make a AOK ripoff.
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I'll change the Ottomans to Militaristic/Expansionist, the Spanish to Expansionist/Religious and maybe I'll make the arabs Religious/Scientific.
                          "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                          --George Bernard Shaw
                          A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                          --Woody Allen

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                            Since we have to delete one civ to add another I will delete the Arabs and add in the Incas with a starting location in Peru. This will help improve the balance of power in the Americas and omcrease the diversity of civs in PtW.
                            Won't have to. The game can support 31 civs + barbarians.
                            The true nature of a man is shown by what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Comment

MAYBE i'll change the name of the Viking leader "Ragnar" to Canute or Knud. But i'll wait and see...
                              Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

Working...
                              X