Radartower exploit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radartower exploit?

You know, I was reading about the benefits of radartowers and suddenly I came up with a way to exploit this during war. The AI usually keeps it's workers in it's cities during war, so I wondered about this; What if you capture a city and use the captured workers to build several defensive radartowers, thus giving your battered forces a defensive and offensive edge. Would such a thing be considered an exploit?

Why would that be an exploit? It would be intelligent use of resources at your disposal.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

No more of an exploit than any other use of captured workers. A unit can only get the benefit of one radar tower at a time though. In addition, they can only be built in your territory and the workers are used up in building them.
      Seemingly Benign
      Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Workers are used up in building them, like with colonies?

Interesting. Why?

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
          Workers are used up in building them, like with colonies?

Interesting. Why?
          Good question. Do they live there? Do they work there? Do they play there? What will they do up there in that radar tower?
          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

prolly work there. just like how they do in airbases, i fig.
            B♭3

Comment

I assume there will be no way to see what tiles are within your radar tower coverage (ie an overlay) ?

Comment

Originally posted by Slax
                I assume there will be no way to see what tiles are within your radar tower coverage (ie an overlay) ?
                that would make too much sense my friend.

anyway, i dont see this as an exploit at all. gives me more uses for slave labor
                "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

And what happens if an enemy unit goes onto the tile your radar tower is in? If it's destroyed, then this is hardly an exploit.

Comment

Originally posted by dunk
                    And what happens if an enemy unit goes onto the tile your radar tower is in? If it's destroyed, then this is hardly an exploit.
                    good point... are they destroyed or must they be pillaged.

curses! we'll never know!
                    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Hmmm, I can see already see the threads before me .

'Cheating AI!!!!' thread no. 356395689567259346 posted by a random newbie

"The AI uses my workers to immediately build radartowers in the vicinity of my cities, thus denying me the opportunity to obliterate them. How DARE they use this tactic which I have used against THEM countless times! Firaxis, fix this NOW!!!!! This intelligent behaviour of the AI is completely unfair to me, the human player, because it damages my inflated ego !!!!"

Should make an interesting read ........

Comment

Ah, but would the AI be programmed to be so creative? That would be nice. You know, it could be that you can only use workers of your own nationality to build radar towers and airbases. Would you trust anyone else?

Comment

Good Point doc

Comment

Speaking of overlays, it sure would be nice to be able to see an outline of all my cities' radii, so I could easily tell just by looking which tiles were within which city's radius.

But yeah, that would make too much sense.
                            "God is dead." - Nietzsche
                            "Nietzsche is dead." - God

Comment

This would be good, but if you've played Civ for the past decade you can easily visualize the cross pattern.
                              Seemingly Benign
                              Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Working...
                              X