Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• expansion?

will it make this game fun?

If you mean the expansion pack, then yeah I think it will make civ 3 fun. Im looking forward to multiplayer anyway. To be honest though, I think civ 3 is already fun. Not everyone does though which i find strange, but i guess everyone has there own opinion. If you dont already like civ 3 then you probably wont like the expansion either as i think the single player game isnt being changed much.

Comment

Would a confession by either Pres. Bush Jr. or VP **** Cheney that they done wrong by the people when they were CEO's (or whatever, don't really care) improve consumer confidence or the US Economy? Depends on how much stock (pun intended) you put into their sincerity.

The point is: It depends on personal perspective. I for one feel expansion packs do generally improve a game, whether or not the game by itself is good or bad. By how much? That's for another time to discuss... Others have expressed the opinion that PTW is just a con job. Obviously, they met the news of PTW with luke-warm interest.

For Civ3, I've been pretty satisfied by it. When PTW comes out, I won't rush to buy it, but I'll wait on the reviews to give a green light (plus: MOOIII is coming, 'nuf said). Hopefully, PTW will make a good game like Civ3 a descent bit better...
      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
        ...or VP **** Cheney
        OK...fine...Vice President RICHARD Cheney...sheesh...
        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Fun? Ah, the missing element that Civ 2 had but Civ 3 has less of.

To make it more "fun":

1. Bring back the Civ 2-style Cheat Mode (to allow us to control accelerated starts, switch sides, and do other stuff, including sometimnes actually cheat. Why not?).

2. Stop annoying and sneaky AI cheating.

3. Stop the crazy AI settler land grab (Settler Diarrhea) early in the game.

4. Bring back spies, diplonats, caravans, and freight.

5. Make naval warfare less lame. Privateers and subs can attack trade.

6. A complete Editor that can do such as give bombers a range greater than an absurdly small '8'.

7. No unlimited MP's by units on RR's.

8. Bring back air interdictiony bombers: they can be left for a turn on a tile preventing enemy movement on that tile unless shot down.

9. Roads (not RR's) can be used by invaders, unless pillaged.

10. Make crazy Flipping oprtional.

11. Establish border integrity - one turn to leave or its an act of war.

As far as I know, the only one Firaxis has done for PTW is #10. Why not the rest?

Optional ideas for more fun could be such as different types of leaders, more and better techs and Wonders, etc.

Why not?

Comment

Why not?
            my grandma always told me: dont ask people questions, if you're not prepared to reply to the answers
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

because its there game and they do what they want, thats why

Comment

PTW will kick ass!!!

Even singleplayer. Better micromanagement tools equals less hours spent guiding stupid workers/cities/troops equals more fun.

Comment

Re: expansion?

Originally posted by Dissident
                  will it make this game fun?
                  Why should it not .
                  It can only lead to more fun !

Comment

Originally posted by Coracle
                    Fun? Ah, the missing element that Civ 2 had but Civ 3 has less of.

To make it more "fun":

1. Bring back the Civ 2-style Cheat Mode (to allow us to control accelerated starts, switch sides, and do other stuff, including sometimnes actually cheat. Why not?).

2. Stop annoying and sneaky AI cheating.

3. Stop the crazy AI settler land grab (Settler Diarrhea) early in the game.

4. Bring back spies, diplonats, caravans, and freight.

5. Make naval warfare less lame. Privateers and subs can attack trade.

6. A complete Editor that can do such as give bombers a range greater than an absurdly small '8'.

7. No unlimited MP's by units on RR's.

8. Bring back air interdictiony bombers: they can be left for a turn on a tile preventing enemy movement on that tile unless shot down.

9. Roads (not RR's) can be used by invaders, unless pillaged.

10. Make crazy Flipping oprtional.

11. Establish border integrity - one turn to leave or its an act of war.

As far as I know, the only one Firaxis has done for PTW is #10. Why not the rest?

Optional ideas for more fun could be such as different types of leaders, more and better techs and Wonders, etc.

Why not?
                    Ok in the end we can say it's better if they update Civ II and forget part III and we all deny it ever existed.
                    Dance to Trance

Proud and official translator of Yaroslavs Civilization-Diplomacy utility.

Comment

Will it make it fun? Hmmm, well MP (if it works adiquately) is bound to make it more fun. I do suspect that it will be released before all of the new bugs have been properly sorted out though.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Coracle it sounds like you want Civ2 back. So just go play civ 2 and give it up cause most of the rest of the world likes alot of the changes. Granted there are some that are dumb but overall I like it better.
                        "It is well that war is so terrible, otherwise we should grow too fond of it."-Robert E. Lee

Texas Above All

Comment

Working...
                        X