No announcement yet.

Firaxis: More diplomacy options please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firaxis: More diplomacy options please.

It is probably to late to get this into PtW but I think the game can be greatly improved by including a few more diplomacy options. Right now there is no way to deal with global warming on an international level. Allowing a "lower your pollution or I will declare war" option would be nice as would an enviromental pact to give us some way of dealing with global warming. Or how about a way to tell country X to stop attacking country y or you will declare war. What are some of your ideas to improve diplomacy? Please discuse amoungst yourselves.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

I agree, more options would be great.

I´m not sure that war against polluters is a good option, perhaps such things could be handled with the UN, eg. all heavy polluters would face trade and tech trade embargos? Not sure if this can be implemented...

I´d like to see an option to cancel a treaty before the 20 turn end, but against money. And the option to make non aggression treaties.
    Blah

Comment

Those are both good ideas and I especially like the idea of including more things in the U.N.. Of course wouldn't a peace treaty be a non aggression treaty?

Comment

it'd be great if i could say "i dont want your iron anymroe, but heres 100 gold to make up the difference".
        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Oh, and FIRAXIS also made the Alpha Centauri stuffed with nice diplomatic options and realistic AI play...
          Hmmm, maybe that game was their greatest success in game design?
          My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
            Of course wouldn't a peace treaty be a non aggression treaty?
            Yes, but you can simply break it. In Mp it would be nice to force two humans into peace for a certain amount of turn, without the chance to break it. Best for me would be if you could negotiate the number of turns for this non aggression pact
            Blah

Comment

I really miss the "please end your war against my friends the X" option from AC. [Which ought to only work if X is willing to accept a no-conditions treaty, otherwise they can answer 'X doesn't seem interested in peace' or the like]

Comment

a game called Ascedancy (old school space tbs ) had that option, and i always loved to see the messages like

"We are begging for peace! the hashaks won't listen to reason!"
                "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                  I agree, more options would be great.
                  Always good.

I´m not sure that war against polluters is a good option, perhaps such things could be handled with the UN, eg. all heavy polluters would face trade and tech trade embargos? Not sure if this can be implemented...
                  It would be interesting. I think the UN is a good way to handle this.

I´d like to see an option to cancel a treaty before the 20 turn end, but against money. And the option to make non aggression treaties.
                  What is the difference between this and a peace treaty? Unless you mean like a cease-fire ala Civ I, Civ II, and SMAC?

BTW, Oedin... love the Avatar.

Comment

I just started using in it yesterday. Thanks for noticing. BTW the kitten is cute; is it the one that will be shot if we don't buy things from the poly store?

Comment

My Guess is that BeBro is referring to Cease-Fires! The absence of this option seems like such an oversight to me! Don't get me wrong, overall I do love Civ3, but it does seem like that they did take a step backwards from Alpha Centurai in certain areas of diplomacy- specifically the lack of a proper SMAC style U.N, the ability to have cease-fires (which would be much easier to break than peace-treaties!), Protectorates and "peace-intervention", to name just a few!
                      As I indicated in my "Diplomacy Poll", there are a number of other, wholly new diplomacy options I'd like to see in Civ3, some of which were drawn from my many fun games of "Birth of the Federation", but even if they were to bring back just the old SMAC diplomacy, I'd be VERY HAPPY!!

Yours,
                      The_Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

The more options, the more fun, but one I'd really like to see is "stop your war against Greece!". And it should be both in forms like "stop war against Greece, or I'll declare war!" and "stop war against Greece, I'll then pay you 500 gold".
                        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                          I just started using in it yesterday. Thanks for noticing. BTW the kitten is cute; is it the one that will be shot if we don't buy things from the poly store?
                          It is the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                            The more options, the more fun, but one I'd really like to see is "stop your war against Greece!". And it should be both in forms like "stop war against Greece, or I'll declare war!" and "stop war against Greece, I'll then pay you 500 gold".
                            And how about, "Stop your war with Greece and give them back Athens, Troy, and Sparta, as well as give them 500 gold. Or else I'll declare war!"

I've never seen the AI cave in to threats though. So it may all just be pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by dunk
                              And how about, "Stop your war with Greece and give them back Athens, Troy, and Sparta, as well as give them 500 gold. Or else I'll declare war!"

I've never seen the AI cave in to threats though. So it may all just be pointless.
                              I've seen them cave into threats. Take all their good cities and leave them with just about 5 crappy cities or less, and demand things you would never even think of demanding...like cities.

You'll be able to get some.
                              Ex Fide Vive
                              Try my new mod and tell me what you think. I will be revising it per suggestions. Nine Governments Mod

Comment

Working...
                              X