Game Setup Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Setup Screen

Does anyone think it likely that PTW will have an extra screen at game set-up, allowing you to set scenario perameters, e.g. starting era, finishing era, turn limit, etc. as a sort of 'quick scenario' generator? That way, you wouldn't have to create a scenario in civedit every time you wanted a different kind of game. It's much more conveneient to do it quickly in the game set-up screen.

Note: this would be in addition to a scenario editor, not in place of!

This would also allow modders to test modern-age units without having to play a full game, or creating a new scenario.
    Up the Irons!
    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
    Odysseus and the March of Time
    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

EE was like that. But EE is real time, so it was just one big manufacturing city style thing so starting in later ages was easyer!
    Help negate the vegiterian movement!
    For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

Comment

I hope that there will be more things configurable in the game setup screens, too.

You wouldn't have to create a new bic file every time and it's easier to try things out, see how a parameter influences the game and finetune your settings just by starting new games.

I would especially like to be able to change:
      - start and end date
      - amount of luxury and strategic resources (preferably per type)
      - corruption

Comment

Originally posted by Lucilla
        I hope that there will be more things configurable in the game setup screens, too.

I would especially like to be able to change:
        - start and end date
        - amount of luxury and strategic resources (preferably per type)
        - corruption
        couldn't agree more, but i don't think it will happen
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
        X