Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resource-rich enviroments

Me and HazieDaVampire were talking, and we wondered:

Will PTW have a slider allowing you to specify how resource-rich the world will be?

Be usefule for scenarios, don't you agree?
    Up the Irons!
    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
    Odysseus and the March of Time
    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

lovely oil wars, and oil crisis's! massive riots cuz your people are un happy at not having very meny luxuarys (if luxuarys count!). it would be cool having an edgy world full of civs who would start a desperate war with you or others if they cut off the oil supply.
    Help negate the vegiterian movement!
    For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

Comment

Good idea!

A seperate slider for each category of resource, or even better, each type of resource would be great.

Comment

i think it really limits the fun, when every civ has at least 1 oil spot, should be 1 oil spot for every 4 civs. to make it fun with alot more diplomacy and trading, and alot more desperate nations looking for a vital resource for the most up to date defensive units!

Comment

This would be a big improvement.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

it'd be better than going through a hole map in the edittor deleting loads of resources!

Comment

i think it really limits the fun, when every civ has at least 1 oil spot, should be 1 oil spot for every 4 civs. to make it fun with alot more diplomacy and trading, and alot more desperate nations looking for a vital resource for the most up to date defensive units!
              Would it really be fun to have only a 1 in 4 chance of getting oil, and being unable to fight back against someone who did?

Comment

That's why we want to be able to choose settings at on our own terms .
                I feel it would add more to the urgency of some situations... you discover a new tech, and discover that the only nearby resource is 1 tile within another civ right next to you... what do you do? Crush them? Wait? What?

Comment

Also, this isn't really too much to ask. Must be quite simple for Firaxis to implement it. Maybe we'll get it (hint, hint)...
                  Up the Irons!
                  Rogue CivIII FAQ!
                  I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Definitely an excellent idea. Can't be too hard for the Firaxian programmers to add. Sometimes, I'll want resources there all the time. However, other times I want a challenge, and have to fight a bit to get to them. I want to be able to know, and control which need will be satisfied.
                    "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
                    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
                    "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

excellent improvement!

Comment

Now that everyone agrees it would be a big improvement; what do you think the odds are that Firaxis will actually do it?
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I should have out a poll in: it's a shame we can't edit our first poosts to include a poll afterwards.
                          Up the Irons!
                          Rogue CivIII FAQ!

Comment

lol, i want oil crisis! Oh, and the ability to make so when oil patches disapear, their's less of a chance that one will come back, that'd really make things interesting as the world slowly runs out of oil patches!

Comment

Re: Resource-rich enviroments

Originally posted by zulu9812
                              Me and HazieDaVampire were talking, and we wondered:

Will PTW have a slider allowing you to specify how resource-rich the world will be?

Be usefule for scenarios, don't you agree?
                              hi ,

well , part is the SEED , they should make something that tell's the players , this number gives so much cattle , this give's so much oil , and so on , ....

have a nice day
                              - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                              - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                              WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
                              X