I hope that we will finally get flat maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope that we will finally get flat maps

I haven't seen any referenct to flat maps in all of this. Does anyone think that we will finally see them with the XP?
    Come and see me at WePlayCiv
    Worship the Comic here!
    Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

It would surprise me if they weren't included. I would definitely bet that they'll be in.

Comment

what do you mean by flat map? The map is prety flat - it's hardly the rolling terrain of SMAC.
      Up the Irons!
      Rogue CivIII FAQ!
      Odysseus and the March of Time
      I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Originally posted by zulu9812
        what do you mean by flat map? The map is prety flat - it's hardly the rolling terrain of SMAC.
        Flat meaning that the edges dont wrap around. You cannot circumnavigate this type of map. This allows you to build a detailed map (say a region of Europe) that to build a senerio from that (i.e. Battle of the Bulge, The Conquests of Alexander the Great, The Revolutionary War, Etc.). You can't do any of thise things without a flat map (and some sort of events scripting editor/language, but we won't go there).

Hope that explains it,
        E_T
        Worship the Comic here!
        Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

I think they'll implement it, since it's needed for WW2 / Japan scenarios. Btw, some fan maps are flat already.
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay37
            It would surprise me if they weren't included. I would definitely bet that they'll be in.
            Until I see it listed in a press release, on a gameing review site or from the players comments after release (on this board), I WILL assume that it won't be in it. I will actually be suprised if there IS a very comprehensive Senerio Editor that is in the XP (one that the community have been screaming for cense last year.

I wouldn't have minded trying my hand at creating a historical senerio or two, but I don't yet have the tools to do it.

E_T
            Worship the Comic here!

Comment

What features need to be in the editor for it to be "complete"? I am not asking about the nice to haves, just the stuff that's gotta be there. Stuff like unit placement, city placement, etc.
              Seemingly Benign
              Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Originally posted by WarpStorm
                What features need to be in the editor for it to be "complete"? I am not asking about the nice to haves, just the stuff that's gotta be there. Stuff like unit placement, city placement, etc.
                That's defently more important than a flat map, I'll NEVER use flat maps, while I might use the unit/city placement once!
                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

hope there will be flat maps. Wouldn't there have to be if there are scenarios?

Comment

Flat maps are necessary for any sort of scenario that doesn't include the whole world. For this reason, I'd bet on them being in the editor.

Comment

Scenarios ideas without flat maps :
                      - south hemisphere
                      - between the 43th and 45th parallel
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by WarpStorm
                        All of the above, plus all the bells and whistles that aren't currently in the current editor. Pretty much what the Scenerio Community wanted from the begining. IMHO, anything less isn't worth the extra money for the XP.

The _nice to haves_ are what has been really needed to make this game sing.

After I had played the game a few times, I would have liked to make, test and upload a few Historical Scenerios. I would have liked to have made some Alternate World (timeline, dimension what have you) scenerios that would have been able to really test the player. None of that is available without the above stuff, and I'm not assuming that it will be.

I'll buy it when I see it.

E_T
                        Worship the Comic here!

Comment

What I'd like to see is a decent scenario manager, like what they had for Civ 2. That way, installing new customer scenarios would be a real snap.
                          No comment.

Comment

Working...
                          X