Speculation on the "feudal Japan" and "World War II" unit packs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speculation on the "feudal Japan" and "World War II" unit packs

the XP info said it was including feudal japan and WWII unit packs. What do you think this is about? I would think that this would indicate that 2 scnearios included would use those unit packs, why else include them? I would've prefered an ancient Rome or Greece scenario, but perhaps they were bored with the old standards.

What do you think the units will be in each pack? I really have no idea what units would be in the Japan pack and have no idea what the scenario could be about.

a WW2 scenario based on the whole world (i hope they redo the standard world map) would be awesome, esp. if they allowed multiple UUs for each civ. German Panzer tanks / U Boats, Japanese Kamakzies / Submarine carriers etc.

it has great possibilities, but they could skip it and release ti earlier. i'm sure someoen on poly or CF could make ti in half the time for FREE
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I think feudal Japan will have everything we've seen in Shogun totalwar : foot samurai, spearmen (Samurai Yari), light and heavy cavalry, warrior monks, archers, musketmen. It's also possible there are some units coming from the Japanese mythology (demons, gods etc.)
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

That's pretty much what I'm thinking; the sets will be a dozen or so units all from the same age and balanced to work with and against eachother. Several kinds of infantry, tanks, aircraft, etc. Same with the Japanese, like Spiffor said, a bunch of similar units much like Shogun. Maybe there will even be new techs for the scenarios too, so one can have two or three kinds of tanks and advance during the course of the war.
        You sunk my Scrableship!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew_Jay
          ... balanced to work with and against eachother...
          Maybe there will even be new techs for the scenarios too, so one can have two or three kinds of tanks and advance during the course of the war.
          We can always hope
          I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

I wonder if the time scale will be different?
            Up the Irons!
            Rogue CivIII FAQ!
            Odysseus and the March of Time
            I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

This fall/winter is not going to be a very social one for myself lol. Bill Gates' little box has many good games coming out for it this fall and now this, the Civ3 XP. What am I going to do?

BtW, I bought that little box about a month ago and it rocks.
              However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

"Little" Box?

Anyway, the WWII would probably be monthly like in civ2, and the Japanese seasonaly like in Shogun.
                You sunk my Scrableship!

Comment

They might even impliment seasons into the gameplay...

Naaaaah, what am I thinking...

Comment

"Little" Box?

Anyway, the WWII would probably be monthly like in civ2, and the Japanese seasonaly like in Shogun.
                    ****, i was about to say the exact same thing, and i would have but i clicked to qupote this post instead of the other one

Comment

"Little" Box?

I think he was referring to the X-box. Dont' have one, but my friend does. Quite excellent graphics, played halo a bit as well as a football game (don't remember which) good system. PS2 has better variety of games, but X-box IMO has better graphics. Gamecube, havent' tried. too poor

Any guesses as to the time period in the Japan scenario, I know nothing about Japanese history. I know its feudal japan, but that means nothing to me. (damn merican schools!)

Comment

I think he was referring to the X-box. Dont' have one, but my friend does. Quite excellent graphics, played halo a bit as well as a football game (don't remember which) good system. PS2 has better variety of games, but X-box IMO has better graphics. Gamecube, havent' tried. too poor
                        Yeah, I was referring to the X-Box. I've played all three of 'the systems', and I bought the X-Box because I thought it had the most potential. The only reason why the PS2 has more games is because it came out a year earlier than the X-Box. You should see the lineup of games the X-Box has coming out in the coming months. Including World Series Baseball coming out on the 21st of May...oh I how I can't wait for that game!

They might even impliment seasons into the gameplay...
                        For scenario purposes this has to be an option...well month intervalling needs to be (will be) included at least. How else would a WW2 scenario work? 7 turns of a WW2 scenario would be really lame.
                        However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Erm, forgive me, I should have been more specific.

^Seasonal effects^

There, much better.

Comment

^Seasonal effects^
                            How would that work?

Any guesses as to the time period in the Japan scenario
                            Basically, imgaine a middle ages scenario in a Japanese environment. Instead of knights, there will be samurais. Instead of Kings, there will be Warlords. Instead of castles, there will be umm...umm...Japanese buildings.

Comment

Originally posted by TechWins

Basically, imgaine a middle ages scenario in a Japanese environment. Instead of knights, there will be samurais. Instead of Kings, there will be Warlords. Instead of castles, there will be umm...umm...Japanese buildings.
                              ok, sounds cool. Sounds interesting, and hey, Civ3 is living up to that title of Educational Game of the Year.

Was there a lot of infighting during this time period? I take it that there was, or else a boring scenario. Any the history of the time?

Comment

Working...
                              X