Fifth Era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fifth Era

One thing i would like to see in the XP is a Fifth Era I want a future, not just the past and present darnit

In the 5th Era, we could have new wonders like the Space Elevator, Command Nexus (upgrade of the Petagon), Planetary Stock Exchange, Weather Paradign, Virtual World, Longivity Vaccine, etc...

Facilities like Perimeter Defences (replaces City walls and can be built no matter how big your city is), Pressure Domes, Habitat Domes,

New units like better jets/bombers (or simply a merge), Power Armoured Infantry, Rovers, Hovertanks, Gravships, Foils, better Cruisers, better submarines, Fusion Carrier, Formers, Colony Pod, Conventional Missiles (replaces Cruise Missiles), Battlemech/Gears/battleoids, Probe Teams, Cloned Infantry, geneticly engineered troopers (like the jem'hadar), battledroids, Former Ships, etc oh, Supply Crawlers... who needs colonies? Chemical and Bio missiles

Be able to build Mag Tubes that replaces railroads (infinite movement or bigger divider then the RRs), build Sea Cities, establish kelp farms, Mining Platforms, and so on. Also the 5th era workers can do major terraforming like removing mountains...or simply place hills/mountains (raising and lowering terrain), extend land masses, dig up rivers, and so on. Allow settlers to build cities on mountains and other terrains you couldn't before and so on... establish boreholes and solar arrays/echelon mirrors.

as for technologies...well, some can be base on those in SMAC... like take synthetic fossil fuel, which will remove the dependence on Oil resources, same with Iron and so on when you discover some tech that allows Synthetic metal.

We should have satellites thing like smac...but better. I want orbital wars darnit

Improve the colonies idea, where it becomes useful.

an script language and different worlds thing like ToT would be useful. ...one of them can be space, where you send space shuttles or whatever, and start contructing platforms... (worker in space).

thats all i can think of for now.

-Mellian

Sounds very Call to Powerish but I did enjoy that series from Activision. Altough traditionally Sid Meier has stayed away from future techs in all his civ games (SMAC was really a separate game IMHO) he might want to try with Civ3. Just a thought.
    signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

If they don't make it happen, then we (maybe just me) may have to create the 5th era as best as i could... just alot of the stuff i said in the first post I won't be able to make it happen... but Firaxis can!

Call to Power, phht.... Atleast Sea Cities and sea terraforming and a fifth era darnit

-Mellian

Comment

It would be best to have a 5th era if they're going to have Brazil, but I imagine they'll keep it simple.

New units:
        Laser Infantry
        Laser Tank
        Orbital Laser Artillery
        Laser Bomber
        Laser Battleship

Brazilian UU: Voltron

That should do it

I like the idea of an updated railroad. Perhaps it could allow a unit to move unlimited turns, or allow land movement overseas. (When I was a kid, I believed that there were over-ocean railroads to Hawaii...)

There would be a new type of pollution to clean up, to represent the cooling of the sun and the dying of earth.

CTP's Eco-Terrorist would be good, or some kind of biological warfare to actually obliterate cities, unlike the stupid nukes

Space Race would have to be extended, maybe 20 parts to it.
        I hate oral!!

Comment

If they don't like the idea of adding a 5th era, then they should at least support it in the editor, because there are A LOT of ppl who do want to continue playing into the future.
          be free

Comment

btw, CTP sucked at it; the future can be designed much better than that.
            be free

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
              btw, CTP sucked at it; the future can be designed much better than that.
              What about CtP's future was it that you didn't like?

If they do ever consider doing a "future" in civ3 I hope it's not a let's see what happens when the spaceship reaches Alpha Centauri. I liked SMAC and all but this is Civ. Let's have a post apocalyptic earth for the 5th era. In SMAC we know that mankind had to escape earth because of the horrible nuclear wars.
              signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

I hope it's not a let's see what happens when the spaceship reaches Alpha Centauri. I liked SMAC and all but this is Civ. Let's have a post apocalyptic earth for the 5th era. In SMAC we know that mankind had to escape earth because of the horrible nuclear wars.
                Yeah, that would sort of suck, if there was a separate Alpha Centauri map to flip to. But maybe it could be like Future Techs... You could build more than one spaceship and rack up bonus points.

I can think of a few takes on that.
                Conquest victory: Once you conquer the world, it splits up into random blocks like in Civ2. The more times you re-conquer the world, the more points you get.
                Diplomatic victory: Once the world unites behind you, it turns out that you're the Antichrist and there's a huge nuclear war. The more times you win Diplomatic victory after that, the more points you get.
                Cultural victory: Once you wrack up enough culture, you reset to zero and start researching "Future Culture." And keep on winning and expanding your borders.
                I hate oral!!

Comment

no. if they added a 5th era i'd put it betwwn mideval and industrial, and i'd call it colonial.
                  "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                  - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

no. if they added a 5th era i'd put it betwwn mideval and industrial, and i'd call it colonial.
                    Or put it at the beginning and call it "Prehistoric" as some people have already suggested. I think you'd start out with just a warrior, and you'd have to find goody huts to get the techs City-Building and Agriculture. Your warrior would have to hunt game, too.

I think it would be realistic. You could only have a war if you found somebody else's warrior. That would represent tribal conflict.
                    I hate oral!!

Comment

Originally posted by Miznia
                      You could only have a war if you found somebody else's warrior. That would represent tribal conflict.
                      Well, then you could come to eliminate many civs too early, IMHO. Just think of a "world conquest" 3500 BC! (if all civs started in, let's say Europe. It happens often in Civ3)

And this we have suggested in years without any answer from Firaxis(as I know at least).
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Miznia
                        It would be best to have a 5th era if they're going to have Brazil, but I imagine they'll keep it simple.

Brazilian UU: Voltron
                        Voltron? Would you have to build the five lions separately or all at once? And what if you loose those keys?

"-Form Legs
                        -Form Arms and Body
                        -And I'll form the Head"

Comment

hi ,

well here is an idea , put two or more era's in the game and one blank , that a player can fill him himself , and that the player can decide where he wants it , ...

a fifth is good , but they can put more era's in .
                          and they should make them bigger .

have a nice day
                          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

There should be the option to add as many eras as you'd like in the editory. We could have the rennaissance, enlightenement, colonial, prehistoric, classical, future, nuclear and other ages. I'd also like to be able to control how fast the years advance in the editor.
                            "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners." - Edward Abbey
                            http://www.anarchyfaq.org

Comment

yes, if the game allowed user created eras, we could make a game that took months to finish. sure many would see it as boring, but if you made a game where there were 5 eras where the Mideval age is now, thee could be several versions of the knight, slightly different than others, and you would actually have mideval wars for more than 30 minutes.
                              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Working...
                              X