This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does this forum exist?

Markos, when people discuss the Xp contents, you tell them that all we have is a GS info piece to go on. No "official" word yet. So if that's the case, why did you start a forum on this?

Can't have it both ways, Mark.

He just wants to be progressive.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Because we asked for it in the Apolyton/Community forum.
      Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
      Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Nope that never works.
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

What doesn't work? AH.

Comment

Suggesting things on the Apolyton Forum - if anything its counter productive because Mark always thinks he knows best.

Comment

Well there was a suggestion of this forum. Maybe by Marko's DL .

Comment

Well. We got a Civ1/Classic forum.

We got an XP forum.

Maybe you just have to ask nice.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Re: Why does this forum exist?

Originally posted by GP
                  Markos, when people discuss the Xp contents, you tell them that all we have is a GS info piece to go on. No "official" word yet. So if that's the case, why did you start a forum on this?

But we don't have an offical denial yet either. And for as much as GS said in that news piece, if it wasn't true, I would think Infogrames would be after them pretty fast with the Trained Attack Lawyers.

Besides, a place like GameSpot is a pretty reputable site and wouldn't want to jeapordize their relationship with lots of game companies by starting to publish info that they knew was patently false, or if true but NDA'd, before its releasable.

So its very probably true, and considering the volume of discussion on the expansion that was starting to crop up, I can imagine why this forum would be a good thing.

Comment

I'm sure it's true, it is not as if Firaxis would give all people who own a copy of Civ III a patch with the XP's functions.

Comment

Well...I agree with you. I have no real problem putting this site up. It's just ridiculous to say that we can't treat the GS notice seriously when it was serious enough for Mark to put up a forum.

Comment

Anticipation.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

...of...

Comment

Greatness. Or b*tching and kvetching. Take your pick.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

Re: Why does this forum exist?

Originally posted by GP

Why not? There was a Civ3 forum long before there was any official word on it, wasn´t there?

I won´t buy the XP but I love to ***** and whine about how SMACX was better.

"In those days you got a proper expansion, kids today are spoiled, three meters of snow, 30 kilometers to the game store, wolfs and bears, etc, etc." That kind of thing...
                              I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Working...
                              X