Ex-Pack: Too Good to be true?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex-Pack: Too Good to be true?

Could this really bring back the old magic??

Is it merely 'vapourware' rumours?

Any Firaxis comments?
    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Surely you jest. Good?

My brow is wrinkled in consternation.

What is good about having to pay for multiplayer that should have been included and some additional Civs when the ones we have now are indistinquisable one from the other anyway?

Oh, I get it. You are trolling and I bit.

Comment

You misunderstand.

I have very low expectations, and I assumed that Civ 3 was going to follow the Civ 2, CiC, FW, MPGE rout of the previous game, that is to say a series of expansions culminating in a 'gold edition' designed to milk us like heifers.

I said this even just before it was released, during, and after on these very forums.

I'll still buy it though, because I'm a little whore, and it should (eventually) be good
      "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
      "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
      "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Ex-Pack: Too Good to be true?
        WAY too early to tell. I'm going to wait until there are some screenshots and "Civ of the Week" as well as the complete list of features on www.civ3.com before answering that once and for all.
        "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
        "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
        "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

If they post scenarios, the XP will be good because they'll give scenario editing tools. As the rules editor is quite correct now, the modding / creation community will be pleased I suppose. (I sure will be).
          I think they'll release a good XP, so that we forget the rushed debut of Civ3. I'm sure they learned from their past mistakes (hence the "no comments" rather than promises)
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
          X