PBEM Pandora

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBEM Pandora

Why Pandora ??? Because UnOrthOdOx wanted a unique name, and I am reading about the Pandora World in Frank Herbert's "The Jesus Incident"

I am looking for 1 or 2 players for a PBEM game.
    Need someone who can commit to at least 1 turn/day, but is not going to freak if someone is delayed for a day or so.
    I am thinking that if we have too many players, it will slow the game up too much, so I suggest.

2-3 Humans
    3-4 Computer Opponents
    Small Map
    Random World
    Roaming Barbs

If there are any takers...just send an email , PM, or post on this thread.

I can play Emporer level in Original Civ...And just installed PTW a few days ago.

I am pretty easy regarding the settings..If you want something specific..I will probably agree.

nospam4me-hot_enamel@hotmail.com
    Last edited by Hot_Enamel; April 14, 2004, 06:25.
    "No Comment"

Sounds cool.

I'd like to play with 3 or 4 humans and some AI at higher difficulty. I think 4 players would make diplomacy a little more interesting without slowing the game down too much but I'm open to whatever.

Would you consider Accel production? I haven't tried it yet, but think maybe it might help move PBEM games along faster.

My email is b*a*s*w*o*p*e*%y*a*h*o*o*.*c*o*m.

Obviously just remove the "*"s and change % to @.

Comment

Turn to Enamel. Sorry for the delay, i was at work.

Comment

This was still on the open thread so I'm responding in case you need some people.
        Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Comment

Email me at the address two or three posts above if you'd like to play a Regicide small map PBEM with about 4 humans 2 AI. Pandora is closed, but I'm starting another game.

Comment

Just confirming that the last save for the Pandora Game was

3600BC to the Romans
            jsosiak... Let me know if you did not get the file.

Please also be aware, that I just noticed when I did the last load, the game told me it was at "Regent".
            I know I made this a "Monarch" game so I dont know how that happened.

I only mention this because it may influence your playing style against the weaker AI civs.

Dammit...dont know how that happened !!!
            "No Comment"

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Enamel
              Please also be aware, that I just noticed when I did the last load, the game told me it was at "Regent".

I only mention this because it may influence your playing style against the weaker AI civs.

The game still bugs, even the 1.14 version is out

I know this because i just created a PBEM game with v.1.14 patch to be played with a friend, set it up as Emperor and now the box says difficulty level is "Custom" not emperor and we have determined that its Regent or even Chieftan because we have very much of content citizens in our cities and AI is not researching or expanding the way it should on higher diff. levels.

Comment

my guess is , pretty much all games reset the
                difficulty level to regent
                And here I was thinking we could set individual
                diff settings for each player.
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Turn re-sent to Conqueror.

Good luck with your address list!
                  Even a fool is thought wise if he remains silent.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Enamel

there's a way to avoid this bug: start a SP game with the difficulty you want before you set up the PBEM-game...quit the SP game after one round, and launch the PBEM after that...the first game I launched happened to be chieftain tough I set it to deity, I tried it again using this way and it seems to work.
                    www.civforum.de

Comment

Thanks for the tip mazarin ... I will keep it in mind

The Japanese have sent the 1830bc file to Rome.

Regs
                      "No Comment"

Comment

to Enamel

Comment

1790bc Sent to Rome.

The Japanese are wondering if they will ever get off this damn island.
                          "No Comment"

Comment

sent to Enamel

Comment

Sent to Rome
                              "No Comment"

Comment

Working...
                              X