No announcement yet.

Small Epic Game Tracker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know what's going on either. I never use any mods. If we know the mod we can continue, else I suggest a restart.

[edit]

Ok, posted at the same moment as the previous post with explanations.

I don't think there is a need for a restart, nobody has a disadvantage.

Comment

JUST REMOVE THE FRICKING MOD

TURN for PIRKE

REgarding the mod. The person who's got the modded version all he has to do is remove the mod and reset his Conquest files to the proper version, taht is the original files updated with the 1.22 patch.

When I play my turn, the game looks into the ART/UNITS/WARRIOR configuration file and assigsn the values therein to my warrior; i believe this is done dynamically, as one plays his turn. If I were to have those values modded, then it would use those, so all one has to do is reset things to the proper files, I don't believe we need to restart or that the modded warrior values are irreversibly changed "inside" the game we are playing...
      Attached Files
      Khartoum, Sudan Wars 1883-85
      an Epic of the Wars in the Sudan
      A new mod for CIV III Conquests Finally HERE !

Comment

While I can certainly do that, I'm absolutely positive it will make no difference at this point. Especially since it's been restored for at least 2 turns now.

The bic/bix data is stored in the savegame, which is one of the reasons why I didn't think it would make any difference when we started the game, since the game creator is the one who's settings are taken into account. At least that's what I thought was the case.

You can test this yourself by editing your bic/bix file via the editor, start a game, save, go back to the editor and restore, then load the game. The restoration will NOT be in effect until you create a new game.

Regardless, I imagine we'll need to start a new game, unless you guys don't mind the adjustments. But I still don't understand how my files would change the game, since I didn't create the game.

- Z

Comment

I think we should play this game, give me one reason why not... stronger units now are stronger, that's all.
          Attached Files

Comment

For 1889:
            Attached Files
            So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
            Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

I guess this will remain one of the great mysteries of our time. Lots of changes to unit stats be sure to check the civilopedia. UU of the middle ages did not keep pace with the changes I'm sorry to say. This will be a serious problem.

For Jshelr
              Attached Files
              Last edited by 1889; May 30, 2004, 01:54.
              Do you believe in Evil? The Nefarious Mr. Butts
              The continuing saga of The Five Nations
              A seductress, an evil priest, a young woman and The Barbarian King

Comment

Start over. The increased hitpoints change everything
                Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Comment

Certainly makes a barracks very important, and drafting absolutely pointless!
                  So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                  Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Cavalry 12/6/3 vs. Sipahi 8/3/3

Knight 8/6/2 vs War Elephant 4/3/2 and Ansar Warrior 4/2/3

These would need to be fixed I think you'll agree. I don't think anyone wants to continue the game under these disadvantages.

I still don't see how this happened, so how do we know that it won't happen again. I certainly didn't create the game with these stats, so there must be some way to reverse the metamorphosis.

The Mayans are as yet a simple people and don't understand modern computing machines, but if we kill the head vampire won't this game return to normal? Wait, what are we talking about again?

Comment

Also confused. I would think the first player who launched the game must have used the mod??

Comment

That definitely sounds like my modified bix, but a really old version before I caught all the inconsistencies.

I'd definitely suggest a restart as I had changed about 60-70% of unit stats (just Attack and Defense values, no movement), and considering some of the inconsistencies, it's definitely imbalanced wrt some of the unique units.

However, if we do restart, I think I might just take this opportunity to bow out, as I'm honestly not sure if I'll be able to continue past the summer. Plus, with me out, the likelihood of this repeating probably drops dramatically

Anyway, sorry again for the hassle guys.

- Z

Comment

New Game

Does anyone want a new game? How about accelerated production this time?

Comment

Willing to play. You won't like accelerated production, IMO

Comment

Why is that? I better learn to like it though. I just joined a game that uses it.

Comment

It screws up the relationships between the rate of movement across the map and the rate of technology progress and the rate of building.

I recall my first game with it on started in a terrible location, but with horses as the Iroquois. I was able to build/upgrade a MW stack so rapidly, despite pathetic population, that I wiped out my neighbor before he knew what hit him. Fun though that might have been, it wasn't really civ, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X