PTW: Naval game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTW: Naval game

This is the hijacked PTW part of my original thread about a naval game. So far we have:

Archipelagoes, 80% water, etc. usual for a naval game
    Map may be customized by a non-player (or may not, not sure for the PTW variant) or may be randomly generated but if it's random it will have 1 restart per person since archipelagoes can really suck randomly.

Oh, and I changed my mind. I'm going to not be boring after all, because that's just plain boring. I'll go with the Germans, who are someone I've not played before, and probably aren't suited to a naval game, but what the hey.

Anyways, We have:

Beta (GMT -5): Japanese
    Snoopy369 (GMT -6): German
    Sir Ralph (GMT +1): English
    Last edited by snoopy369; April 25, 2004, 18:43.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Ok, so i have another question: do we want to play with the c3c style resource scarcity, or with the abundance from PTW? I don't have a huge opinion on this, tho I like scarcity I guess since it forces us to trade amongst ourselves ... but also gives a bit of imbalance to the game.. Either way.

Comment

Yes, I would play in this one, with the English. They suck badly in Civ3 and PtW, but what the heck. They are the coolest naval civ.

Please don't make the map too big. If we go with four players, small is enough. Or else our naval travel will take ages. Also, it probably would be worth to increase the ship movement by ~1/3.

Resource scarcity is a big fat nono for me. I am the professional scarcity hater. It's one of the points why I don't like Conquests. If you want to impose it to PtW too, look for another player.

Non-standard settings like accelerated production, weird victory conditions (capture the flag and alike), and AI civs are also big fat nonos.

My time zone is GMT+1.

Comment

lol sounds like you're the ultimate civ purist Ralph Like I said, I don't care that much about it. Accel Production would be nice but also not a big deal, just makes the game go faster. I imagine I can give up these two points to have a good player like yourself in the game

When do you play usually? (ie, how late at night, or even during the morning/day?)

Comment

Oh, and totally yes on the small world, unless we have like a million people playing (well, 6 or 7 anywho). Ship movement increased perhaps - my only objection is early game, where increased ship movement means that ships like whatever they call the trireme this go-around don't sink as easily, which is sort of against the point of sinking at all But if I'm not wrong they increased everything in C3C at the top (ie 8 for a cruiser 10 for a destroyer 7 for battleship etc.) so I'd not be averse to those changes and leaving caravel/galley/whatnot alone.

Comment

I am working full time. That means, during the week, I can only play in my evenings. As long as the game is in the early stages and turns don't take much time, I may chime in another turn in the morning. During weekends, I can play at any time.

I will be in Russia for ~2 weeks in July, other than that I doubt I'll be away for long.

Comment

As for the size, I'd go with small, if 4 or 5 players, and standard, if more. I wouldn't play with less than 4 players.

Comment

cool, just figuring out how turns will go (since you're GMT +1). I'd guess if you do a turn in the AM at least early on we will move quickly - possibly 2 a day if we all do a turn in the AM (I certainly can). Not more than that (unless you stay up REAL late ) but still 2 a day is really good, even 1 should be good enough I suppose.

Now we just need another player or 3 ...

Comment

Working...
                X