X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C3C PBEM Tournament : Game # 1

Remember to use v1.12

Good Luck everyone !

Player list: edited to show new play order, civs and GMT times.

Code:
    ADG        a_grau AT hotmail DOT com  Arabs     (GMT +1)
    Conqueror  conqueror AT mbnet DOT fi  Egypt     (GMT +2)
    Rommel2D   jwala AT fastmail DOT fm   Spain     (GMT -6)
    predesad   predesad AT yahoo DOT com  Portugal  (GMT -6)
    Last edited by Conqueror; January 20, 2004, 10:14.

I just got the turn, and installed 1.12, but for some reason it doesn't accept my cd in the drive? I've tried to have the cd in both drives, but for some reason it can't find it
    This patch didn't change anything with cd-security, did it?
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

/edit: edited because free PC cleaning tools i mentioned here before, have turned commercial and you cant dl them anymore.
      Last edited by Conqueror; March 7, 2004, 08:51.

Comment

Thx, though I don't have any cd/dvd burners in my computer...

I can load the game with 1.00... does the new version make any difference in PBEM games?

Comment

I think there are two issues that would concern PBEM. The first is Forbidden Palace corruption. Without the patch, the FP makes corruption worse when built. If these pangeas are too small to make the FP a possibility, this won't be a problem. The second is more important. Seafaring civs were made more likely to start on a coast. Since Octavian used 1.12, this isn't a problem either.

This is all I saw in the readme. Unfortuantely, Firaxis has been neglecting documentation recently in the interest of faster development. I don't know how thorough the readme for 1.12 is.
          From what is documented v1.0 shouldn't make a serious problem for us, but you should patch if at all possible. Otherwise, we'll need to see a note from your mother. :-)
          Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

okay guys, this is a cruel joke, i know this game could not have possibly started, i wont believe it, i refuse to get my hopes up...
            predesad is unavailable for an extended period of time, that is all i am permitted to say. i will provide password information and diplomacy information he has saved in a notepad file to whoever needs it, just pm predesad, don't bother emailing i do not have access to his email.

Comment

Um, Conqueror, ADG, if the turn isn't already sent, could one of you post what civs the rest of us drew?

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
                I can load the game with 1.00... does the new version make any difference in PBEM games?
                Gah... 1.00 is worse in other means too but the FP - it has the extreme penalty for building cities to same distance from capitol.

I'd rather not play with 1.00.

Comment

/edit: removed obsolete information
                  Last edited by Conqueror; January 20, 2004, 09:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Conqueror
                    Me = Sucky English - seafaring, but did NOT start near coast.

Sorry Conqueror, but that's the worst-case scenario I mentioned before in the main thread. Unless you have some nice rivers and cattle herds, I'd ask Octavian if he checked this game for fair start positions. (Also, did he start it with v1.12? It is supposed to almost guarantee that seafaring civs will get a coastal start. Don't play the lottery today, dude. ;-)

Comment

I sent the save to Rommel, hoping it wont screw up anything...

Comment

/edit: removed obsolete information
                        Last edited by Conqueror; January 20, 2004, 09:14.

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
                          I sent the save to Rommel, hoping it wont screw up anything...
                          We'll just have to try how it turns out. Well the official patch isnt so far away Lets hope it will be compatible with old saves and will fix these problems.

Comment

ADG, the email attachment looks empty (zeroK). I don't know if this is related to the patch or your email account. It saves to my drive, but gives a Load Error when I try to load it.

Comment

I'll try to send it again in a few minutes...

Comment

Working...
                              X