• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to Dauphin
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Turn to GT.

Not that it makes any difference to the game*, but I notice that Plato is 'picket fencing' on the outlying Greek islands. That is, placing units such that it's impossible to land troops except by amphibious assault (which I don't think is possible in this scenario (?)). What is the view on players doing that?

I've done that before in one game and had someone have a massive long rant about how it ruins the game. They refused to play any games with me because I did it and they promptly quit that particular game.

*It's an academic point, as I couldn't launch a counterattack even if I wanted to.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin
        Turn to GT.

Not that it makes any difference to the game*, but I notice that Plato is 'picket fencing' on the outlying Greek islands. That is, placing units such that it's impossible to land troops except by amphibious assault (which I don't think is possible in this scenario (?)). What is the view on players doing that?

I've done that before in one game and had someone have a massive long rant about how it ruins the game. They refused to play any games with me because I did it and they promptly quit that particular game.

*It's an academic point, as I couldn't launch a counterattack even if I wanted to.
        I agree it ruins the game but so does having someone much more intelectual than you in a game

/me watches everyone snicker at him as they raise their hands and point at me

I call it attrition, winning by whatever means necessary

It sucks and I have had it happen more than one occassion

When I know I am whooped, no chance, no science, no economy, outmanned

I shall give my people a potent drink and they go to the long sleep

then....

next game

off to play the turn
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Ouch

210 to Plato

Lets see what happened

Oh One of yer Generals didnt fair too well and another retreated after seeing his cohort in crimes of Greek nature against the Roman Empire P!$$ himself before perishing

Took:

Dyrrhachium with 31 gold to our coffer

Phocaea with 31 gold added to our coffer

Mycenae with 31 gold added to our coffer

These times, must be troubling to the Greeks

I mean everywhere ya look ya got either Gramps or Plato

Attached Files

Comment

Turn to GT.

ahh...you are correct. I really didn't think anything about it. I will move them when I get the save again. I think it is just one island, correct? My apologies.

Already played this turn however. Is there some sort of penalty I should suffer?

205BC to Paddy!
            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Originally posted by PLATO

ahh...you are correct. I really didn't think anything about it. I will move them when I get the save again. My apologies.

Already played this turn however. Is there some sort of penalty I should suffer?

205BC to Paddy!
              Well you should be sorry Plato, surely there must be some place , maybe North of where you are or Northeast that would be suitable grazing grounds

I found three lovely parking lots just last turn

Comment

• Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

Well you should be sorry Plato, surely there must be some place , maybe North of where you are or Northeast that would be suitable grazing grounds

I found three lovely parking lots just last turn
                Hmmm...I did notice some prime grazing land over on the Greek mainland...Maybe I should send the cavalry that way?
                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• I found some other wild animals from Greece, just trying to figure out what to do with them now, they were wandering the countryside, told them cant have that as neighbors might get upset watching what formaly belonged to them just prancing about
                  Attached Files

Comment

• to Dauphin
                    I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Turn to GT.

I'm confused about how the Romans immediately got culture expansion in the cities that they took out last turn. Was unprepared for it and the dominos just fell.

Will no-one help me put out the fire?
                      Attached Files
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• 205 back, not sure but we can take a good look next turn, should have several cities to view as comparison data

Plato, coming your way
                        Attached Files

Comment

Turn to GT.

I'm confused about how the Romans immediately got culture expansion in the cities that they took out last turn. Was unprepared for it and the dominos just fell.

Will no-one help me put out the fire?
                          opps... yeah that Roman God Emperor has some mad majic going on...

how can I help?
                          I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paddy the Scot

opps... yeah that Roman God Emperor has some mad majic going on...

how can I help?
                            Have you got gunpowder Paddy?

He could use some help shooting them buzzards that are stacked up fixing to chew on his peoples carcasses

Comment

• well I not so sure on what this powder is, but buzzards are easy to deal with...
                              I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Hows this one coming folks?

Comment

Working...
                                X