The Five Continents of Eden - Chapter II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Five Continents of Eden - Chapter II

(This game is full, no further players are required)

Level: Monarch
    Rules: Default rules, cultural conversions ON, scientific leaders ON, all classical victory conditions (No victory point and no wonder victory)
    No. Players: 5 (Andydog, Khannalxytys, Moonbars, Chrisius Maximus and Krill)
    Starting Units: 4 starting settlers and 3 starting workers for each player.
    Globe:
    Standard sized map, 5 continents.
    - each player starts on their own separate continent;
    - each continent roughly equal size, topography and quality of terrain;
    - each continent separated from other continents by a minimum of 3 ocean tiles;
    - each continent has 3 luxury resources;
    - each continent has 1 of each strategic resource;
    - start positions & surrounding terrain has roughly the same food, shield and commerce potential;

Civilisations, traits, and UU
    Each civ has 3 traits and 1 UU:

Andydog: "Prime Minister Nelson of the Kiwis", Agricultural Seafaring Religious, Sipahi (blue civ colour).

McMeadows: "Grand Zaius, First Ape of the Apes", Agricultural Seafaring Scientific, Javelin Thrower (black civ colour).

Moonbars: "Major Moonbars of the Moonbareans", Agricultural Seafaring Scientific, Bezerker (purple civ colour).

Chrisius Maximus: "High Chieftan of the Clans, Maximus", Agricultural Seafaring Religious, Gallic Swordsman (green civ colour).

Krill: "Mad Pleb Krill of the Romans", Agricultural Industrious Commercial, Cossack (red civ colour).

A special thanks from all of us to Conqueror, who took the time and effort to set this PBEM up for us.

Our world has enjoyed 1500 years of peace. And now let the fun continue!

(First thread)
    Attached Files

That picture is of me and mrs andydog - it was taken in NZ's Able Tasman National Park a few years ago. Spent a week hiking around. Brilliant stuff!

the turn is with Krill I believe.

Comment

Now I finally know which are my traits. I was allready puzzled by the whole combination of having cheap harbors, libraries and 3 movement curraghs.
      The javelin throwers had me drop my jaw a metre. How useless. Nice civ you constructed Moon. Hopefully you're not too close.
      don't worry about things you have no influence on...

Comment

marking my spot
        A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

To Moonbars...

I think I should have picked a different UU...
          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Andy, The Collosus is probably the best wonder, bar one, in this game.
            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Save onwards. Let us keep this thread free of heat

have no fear, my bezerekers are not near

was tempted to pick the Dromon actually.
              The Best Multiplayer Game Ever

Comment

1500 BC to Andy

Comment

Krill, I think the happiness wonders will be very important.

McMeadows, I was also surprised at the choice of Javalin Thrower. We left it to Conqueror to choose the barb activity level so I guess Khannal was hoping for raging.

Moonbars' Bezerker has me a tad worried I must admit!

I don't think the Cossack is anything to sneeze at either.

--> Chrisius

Comment

Do those jags also enslave barbs? Shoot, I'm having quite a hard time against them and (off course) haven't trained any jags. Interesting if it does work.

Comment

Are you confusing jags (as in Jaguar Warriors) with Javalin Throwers? Jaguar Warriors are the Aztecs 2 move warrior. The Mayan Javalin Throwers are 2/2 and the do enslave barbs.

so get a stack out there asap and earn yourself some free workers!

Comment

You're right about the correction. Thanks for the suggestion. Time for an adaptive strategy.

Comment

To Moonbars...

Andy, I know...there aren't that many wonders that are AGR, are there. But then again, I reckon this PBEM will hit the industrial era, so GAs won't be a problem...

The Cossack is OK, but I'm not sure if it fits in with my plans

Comment

1475 BC to Andy
                            Going smoothly...

Comment

very smoothly!

--> Chrisius

Comment

Working...
                              X